Previously unknown PLA rations

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Victor_88

Previously unknown PLA rations

Post by Victor_88 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 am

While researching pla rations as part of my hopefully soon to be business, i came across these lovely items.
Who knew that the PLA has their own version of T-rations ? and so on :D

Sorry, no english videos for now, it's a work in progress, im attempting to collaborate with some youtubers to do ration reviews

IF all goes well, i will be able to bring these to any one who wants them at reasonable prices

PLA T-Ration case

PLA white type ration

PLA paratrooper pack

PLA fighter pilot ration

PLA LARGE spicy beef can (1.5kg/3 pounds)

PLA green type ration

cavguy

Re: Previously unknown PLA rations

Post by cavguy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:03 am

Those T rations don't look half bad, but I have always wondered about the quality of the PLA rations in general though.

Victor_88

Post by Victor_88 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:30 pm

i cant answer that question myself, as im not videogenic and i wouldnt know how to video , edit and do all that stuff.
I am in talks with two youtubers to produce video reviews, but its gonna be a very long process.

Victor_88

Post by Victor_88 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:38 pm

odd fact: the PLA is also the only known armed force which has milk powder on its list of operational rations.
Maybe they anticipate feeding all the infants they will liberate or get created on their crusade, i don't know :D

I cant find a video review of it and getting this out of china is so difficult its like im shipping actual white powder out of china and i doubt any youtubers would drink it anyway so heres a picture!
Attachments
2021_05_12_IMG_9052.JPG

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 am

Victor_88 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:38 pm
odd fact: the PLA is also the only known armed force which has milk powder on its list of operational rations.
Maybe they anticipate feeding all the infants they will liberate or get created on their crusade, i don't know :D

I cant find a video review of it and getting this out of china is so difficult its like im shipping actual white powder out of china and i doubt any youtubers would drink it anyway so heres a picture!
Actually, british 10 man ration packs have skimmed milk powder in every menu, and have done for decades
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:01 am

koreyyy1 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:51 am
Victor_88 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Actually, british 10 man ration packs have skimmed milk powder in every menu, and have done for decades.
In the 1980s every british ration came with 3 packs of milk powder.

Milk powder is still pretty common.
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

Victor_88

Post by Victor_88 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:49 am

Some extra info on those T-rations

each box is several pouches of main course with side dishes

Looks interesting, but will be a really long journey before we see a english video

Victor_88

Post by Victor_88 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 am

A new (or old) development, im not sure yet, is the existence of a "holiday" PLA t-ration.

The youtuber says it consists of entrees like a whole fish, chinese delicacies and etc.
That little can he opened is a canned "Buddha jumps over the wall", a very expensive and luxurious chinese soup/stew, which regularly goes for 100 or more usd per bowl/pot in restaurants :lol:

That little can might be little, but it cost him more than a full case of pla Mre, thats how expensive these are going for on the hidden chinese markets

(whenever these come on the open chinese market, several youtubers are on the list for reviews of it) :lol:

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:49 pm

I'd be curious to try those. I am actually a pretty big fan of PLA rations. The ones I've had (about a dozen or so) have been very tasty.

This is the kind I usually have.
IMG_8456.jpg

Victor_88

Post by Victor_88 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:33 am

Thats the type 13 PLA ration, known as the one which sent steve into hospital :D

Other than that, they also have type 18, 20, 21 rations