Emmy Does Rations

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
DangerousDave

Emmy Does Rations

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Who is this sexy Japanese lady ration reviewer, looks like the Sniper in that Tarantino movie. She is a lot better than Crazy Russian. :?
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Re: Emmy Does Rations

Post by wats6831 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Ummmmmmm.......what? That's not exactly how I would describe herwhomweshallnotname

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 am

Yawn click bait no passion for rations makes me pass

Hey I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:07 pm

It's a Army-man thing. If you are someone that has not ever served in any Armed Force, on the planet Earth, get a clue. Army wife's, OK, maybe. 8)

SD_Jeff
eBay name: Sluggowins

Post by SD_Jeff » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:33 pm

She's fun. I like her. One big difference I notice is that her reviews are of her eating the rations. Meaning the camera is facing her and vice versa. Almost all of the male reviewers go for the opposite, where the camera is in the approximate position and facing of the face or eyes, away from the reviewer.

She's even done some older MRE's that really don't look that good. Quite the trooper.

Jeff

Synthpeter

Post by Synthpeter » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:52 pm

SD_Jeff wrote:She's fun. I like her. One big difference I notice is that her reviews are of her eating the rations. Meaning the camera is facing her and vice versa. Almost all of the male reviewers go for the opposite, where the camera is in the approximate position and facing of the face or eyes, away from the reviewer.

She's even done some older MRE's that really don't look that good. Quite the trooper.

Jeff
That's what I think is a part of why I don't care for her reviews as much. It's just somebody eating.
She's obviously drawing on the advantage of being a woman with reasonably good looks (I didn't say sexy, and I don't care) and being styled (hair, make-up).
If she hadn't shown her face I doubt she'd have 10% of the viewers she's got now.
She does eat more than just rations though, which gives her some edge when it comes to comparing some things and reaches a larger audience. Not everybody is interested in old stale MRE crackers :)

So yeah, it's nice to see different people eat rations, but she's not really doing anything special more than just focusing on the actual consumption while showing her face, and nothing else.
Some may like it just the consumption review, some may like to watch her, some may like both, some may not care for either that much.

For comparison, Crazy Russian Hacker isn't exactly sexy (again, opinions may vary), but he's also fast, has a funny accent and an endless enthusiasm (and he's a bit clumsy, which I think is amusing).

Just my opinion at the moment, and it may change in the future :mrgreen:

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 am

DangerousDave wrote:It's a Army-man thing. If you are someone that has not ever served in any Armed Force, on the planet Earth, get a clue. Army wife's, OK, maybe. 8)
It's like you don't even read anyone's posts or maybe even their profile.

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Das macht nichts. Thankyou. Drive-Thru. :roll:

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:31 pm

I really like CrazyRussianHacker. I've never seen Emmy before. I have to agree with what Synthpeter said about his clumsiness making for an entertaining watch. He's got millions of subscribers, yet doesn't get all caught up with trying to make himself look perfect or engaging in an unnecessary amount of drama. Some of these "Content Creators" with tons of subscribers (only god knows why) on YouTube who try MREs act like they're eating food from hell and make darn sure to over exaggerate just how horrendous it is! I personally think it's all for show (because people love their share of drama, which explains why reality TV is so popular), most modern MREs can be just as good as food from a grocery store. Even if you disagree with that, you can't deny that they do taste at least OK and do not deserve the overly dramatic response from some of these idiots.

kwiklot

Post by kwiklot » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:50 am

DangerousDave wrote:Das macht nichts. Thankyou. Drive-Thru. :roll:
I'm sure it could matter if you took the time, what does one being in the army have to do with that that at all or a army wife?

If you mean a grunt will fuck anything then yeah sure I get it, seen plenty of whales leave the barracks as a private.