Get lrrp ration ?

Buying, selling, and trading rations
YAYA34140

Get lrrp ration ?

Post by YAYA34140 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:14 pm

hi, it's my first post so a little presentation; i'm a french boy (sorry if my english is bad ) i'm an airsoft player and an renactor and i have descovered the mre last year , i bought it on ebay , and i think this is the best ration i have never eat (i have tested the french ration) so now i want to test the lrrp ration , i look on ebay but nothing so i research an lrrp seller who ship on europe .
best regard yaya34140 :wink:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat May 26, 2007 3:34 pm

Welcome to the forums, Yaya34140.

Are you looking for the current issue LRRP (Meal, Long Rang Patrol) or one of the older, 1970s, LRRPs? If it's the current LRP, then good luck on eBay - I haven't seen very many of those around. But the Meal, Cold Weather (MCW) is supposed to be the exact same as the LRP but just packaged in white instead of tan and there have been a lot of those on the US eBay lately.

Good luck!

YAYA34140

Post by YAYA34140 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:59 pm

yes i look for the actual lrrp, i look on ebay but it's hard to find seller who ship worldwide ? some body have good adress?
best regard yaya34140

MCIera

Post by MCIera » Sat May 26, 2007 4:51 pm

Ah finally, something I'm familar with :D

The LRRP (Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol) ration was used in the 70's during the Viet Nam era and was based on a freeze dried entree (proper name was Food Packet, Long Range Patrol, but was usually referred to as LRRP, pronouced as "lurp") It could have been eaten dry (not very tasty) or rehydrated (better, but still not very tasty.) I believe it was replaced with the first generation of MREs in the 80's and then subsequently replaced with the what is known as the LRP and shared some components with the MCW, such as the freeze dried entrees. If you find an actual LRRP, it's more likely to be a collector's item rather than something that you might want to consume.

Your actual interest may have been the LRP that freeze dried entrees and many commercially available components. You should be able to assemble a comparable package using freezed dried camping foods and comparable locally available commercial products (not to mention that it will probably taste better as well. :wink: )

Additionally, you might also want to look at the thread on Swedish rations at viewtopic.php?t=181 and the commercially available products from Drytech in Norway, or various other freeze dried food manufacturers in Europe as a viable option.
YAYA34140 wrote:yes i look for the actual lrrp, i look on ebay but it's hard to find seller who ship worldwide ? some body have good adress?
best regard yaya34140

jubifahrer

Post by jubifahrer » Sun May 27, 2007 5:26 am

You can also look for EPA Ligth, german freeze dried patrol rations.
a box of EPA ligth contains enough for 4 soldier a day.

You can look for it at ebay germany, prices are from 15 to 30 euro a box.

bye

jubifahrer

YAYA34140

Post by YAYA34140 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:49 am

ok thanks for your response , i'm now looking at the german ration .
best regard yaya34140