Wanted: HDRs and RCWs

Buying, selling, and trading rations
SentientTootsieRoll

Wanted: HDRs and RCWs

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm interested in buying a few HDRs and RCWs (likely three of each), if the price is right. If you're interested in selling some, please let me know your price plus shipping.

Thank you!

ancienttyrael
eBay name: apiontek11

Re: Wanted: HDRs and RCWs

Post by ancienttyrael » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:52 pm

I got a Wornick RCW menu Beef Stew. Are you only looking to buy or do you have any trade?

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:52 pm

I don't have much to trade at the moment. I have just began building my MRE collection, and ordered a box of 35 US MREs for $100 yesterday. I suppose if you'd like some of those, we may trade those. As for your Beef Stew RCW, I am considering it. Luckily fellow MREInfo member, rabidwolf has offered me some 2009 HDRs which is first on my priority list at this particular moment. Thank you for your offer!

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:38 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote: ...I have just began building my MRE collection, and ordered a box of 35 US MREs for $100 yesterday...
Sounds like a nice catch, are they standard issue MREs?
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Yeah, I definitely got lucky. They were up for bid on eBay, too! Only two people bid on it, and I bid the highest. I ended up paying like $50 for them plus $50 shipping. I totally thought someone was going to outbid me so I just put one in for $80 and settled it there. As luck had it, I actually won my first bid ever on eBay! They are standard MREs, including some Veggie Burger ones that I've been wanting to try for quite some time. The caveat is that they had unknown expiration dates, but all were newer bag designs. So, how old can they be? Certainly not too old to eat! After all, I did pick up some 1987 MREs recently and those were still good.