EBAY Asshat of the Month Award

Buying, selling, and trading rations
GunnarTheFeisty

Re: EBAY Asshat of the Month Award

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:39 pm

yeah, both B units and full C rations are ridiculously overpriced. I'd love both but they're just not available to a normal guy like me. Yet people continue to overpay and drive priced up. It's awful.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

ChowLine

Post by ChowLine » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:33 pm

Here are two I just stumbled on.

First $10 for a brown bag MRE cracker......WOW! Didnt know these things were made of gold.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980-1 ... SwleNeuKFR

Second, a partially complete (missing quite a bit) 1955/57 Accessory packet for $130!!!! Was originally priced at $200 but the guy has been coming down. Heck I recently bought a totally complete unopened one with three spoons for $90, and another partially complete with two mint 57 dated B units plus a 43 dated folding shovel in a lot for $100. I messaged this guy with an offer and he said it was worth way more than what I suggested, to which I sent him the last three e-bay listings I bought 55/57 Accessory Packets at and he still refused, eventually ignoring me all together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/C-Ration-Acces ... 0752.m1982

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:52 pm

ChowLine wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:33 pm
Here are two I just stumbled on.

First $10 for a brown bag MRE cracker......WOW! Didnt know these things were made of gold.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1980-1 ... SwleNeuKFR

Second, a partially complete (missing quite a bit) 1955/57 Accessory packet for $130!!!! Was originally priced at $200 but the guy has been coming down. Heck I recently bought a totally complete unopened one with three spoons for $90, and another partially complete with two mint 57 dated B units plus a 43 dated folding shovel in a lot for $100. I messaged this guy with an offer and he said it was worth way more than what I suggested, to which I sent him the last three e-bay listings I bought 55/57 Accessory Packets at and he still refused, eventually ignoring me all together.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/C-Ration-Acces ... 0752.m1982
Wow what a idiot
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm

ChowLine wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:59 pm
I am absolutely SHOCKED at how much 1960s and 70s dated MCI Accessory packets are going for now. It seems like last year a dozen or so of them were shill bid up to ridiculous prices of $125-$200 by a group of sellers which subsequently destroyed the market by pricing these incredibly common ration items well beyond what they are worth (about $30). Also MCI's themselves are very expensive now as well considering demand has not risen, nor supply dropped by any means.

Particularly interesting is the price fluctuations of 1950s dated RCI and RIC items. the B units for several months sold for ridiculous amounts, but recently have gone back to reasonable levels ($25ish a piece now is what I have been getting them for the last several months). The 1950s accessory packets went for insane amounts as well, but seem to have come back to a reasonable level.

It also appears the WWII C rations peaked recently at around $500-$600 a can, but fell quickly back to the $300 mark. Thats still very expensive in my opinion but much more in line with normal market trends.
it's ridiculous that ANY accessory packets cost this much. Vietnam era ones are around 100 at the moment.
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:37 pm

GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm
ChowLine wrote:
I am absolutely SHOCKED at how much 1960s and 70s dated MCI Accessory packets are going for now. It seems like last year a dozen or so of them were shill bid up to ridiculous prices of $125-$200 by a group of sellers which subsequently destroyed the market by pricing these incredibly common ration items well beyond what they are worth (about $30). Also MCI's themselves are very expensive now as well considering demand has not risen, nor supply dropped by any means.

Particularly interesting is the price fluctuations of 1950s dated RCI and RIC items. the B units for several months sold for ridiculous amounts, but recently have gone back to reasonable levels ($25ish a piece now is what I have been getting them for the last several months). The 1950s accessory packets went for insane amounts as well, but seem to have come back to a reasonable level.

It also appears the WWII C rations peaked recently at around $500-$600 a can, but fell quickly back to the $300 mark. Thats still very expensive in my opinion but much more in line with normal market trends.
it's ridiculous that ANY accessory packets cost this much. Vietnam era ones are around 100 at the moment.
Not a surprise when they were 50 or 60 bucks mid 2019
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:11 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:37 pm
GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
ChowLine wrote:

which is still absurd

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:43 am

GunnarTheFeisty wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Militaryration_guy wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:37 pm
GunnarTheFeisty wrote:

which is still absurd
But at least it was cheaper.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Lot-3- ... 5022892246

3 MCI's, wartime? Let's check it out!

Oh...oh no...
lebarf.png
but at least it's got wartime cigs, right? No...
nocigs.jpg
Ah yeah, 1978. Thanks for wasting my time, seller....
bunittellsall.jpg
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Cortexmelon

Post by Cortexmelon » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Smitty wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Lot-3- ... 5022892246

3 MCI's, wartime? Let's check it out!

Oh...oh no...

lebarf.png

but at least it's got wartime cigs, right? No...

nocigs.jpg

Ah yeah, 1978. Thanks for wasting my time, seller....

bunittellsall.jpg
Thats gotta be among the worst condition MCI's i've seen in a long time lol.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:36 pm

Looks like he reposted it with a $100 discount and as “Post War”. Yay
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/