EBAY Asshat of the Month Award

Buying, selling, and trading rations
Militaryration_guy

Re: EBAY Asshat of the Month Award

Post by Militaryration_guy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:25 am

Found this guy on ebay
ashhh44.PNG
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:14 pm

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:25 am
Found this guy on ebay ashhh44.PNG
could be worse really
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

ChowLine

Post by ChowLine » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:04 pm

Was bidding this week on a 1951 dated Canned Accessory Packet from a C-4 Ration when suddenly the listing disappeared from E-bay. I messaged the seller who said E-bay had pulled it because it had cigarettes in it. However, it has not appeared back on E-bay even though he said he is contesting that it was pulled, and I am now thinking he sold it on the side to someone who made him an offer. Now, what makes me angry about that prospect is that I sent him a private offer, a REALLY good offer, to which he responded he would not end the auction early. Ok, fair enough, I respect his decision. Now, I don't normally make offers that way but after loosing several rations lately to people making offers on the side I decided I should start doing it if I am going to have a chance at getting the examples I need to complete my collection. However, it looks like he might have gone back on his own word and sold it on the side anyway which is what gets me cross about this whole situation.

On a GOOD note however, I did get a 1952 dated B-2 unit for $25 yesterday on E-bay as a BIN, which is exactly what they are worth and was a great purchase.

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:19 pm

that's incredible on that B-2
most wanted: RCIR, MCI/B units, IMPs, anything old, and a packet or two of RAFCO soup. PM if you've got these, or anything else to sell that isn't too expensive.

ChowLine

Post by ChowLine » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:27 pm

Not Ebay, but Facebook. This popped up today, $100 for a common, lots of them around, vietnam era accessory packet. Given how prominent Facebook has become in buying and selling rations through various types of collecting and marketing pages, sales like this are common. Im not aure who is buying these at this price, but in my opinion they are being taken advantage of. So much for people wanting to get into this hobby I suppose, one for the rich now i guess.
Screenshot_2021-02-09-12-51-09~3.png

GunnarTheFeisty

Post by GunnarTheFeisty » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:37 pm

ChowLine wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:27 pm
Not Ebay, but Facebook. This popped up today, $100 for a common, lots of them around, vietnam era accessory packet. Given how prominent Facebook has become in buying and selling rations through various types of collecting and marketing pages, sales like this are common. Im not aure who is buying these at this price, but in my opinion they are being taken advantage of. So much for people wanting to get into this hobby I suppose, one for the rich now i guess.

Screenshot_2021-02-09-12-51-09~3.png
sadly, that's the average selling price now. It's a shame because I'd really like a pack of the smokes for my M1 helmet but I can't afford it. Greed has driven prices up on nearly every vintage ration.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:33 pm

I lost out on these four IMPs when bidding shot up to $90 for the lot, plus fees, and I was like “not frickin’ worth it”. Clearly this man actually thought they were still worth 4 times that amount

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/233924343618
9CADB65C-8246-4DAB-BB2D-89CC5971D33D.jpeg
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

Militaryration_guy

Post by Militaryration_guy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:57 am

Smitty wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:33 pm
I lost out on these four IMPs when bidding shot up to $90 for the lot, plus fees, and I was like “not frickin’ worth it”. Clearly this man actually thought they were still worth 4 times that amount

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/233924343618

9CADB65C-8246-4DAB-BB2D-89CC5971D33D.jpeg
What a nut, 100 bucks for a vintage IMP that is problably not even half edible anymore.
A random hillbilly guy intrested in in military rations from across the world :arrow: :mrgreen: :arrow: :!: :?:

norge

Post by norge » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:17 am

wouldnt say totaly asshat on the vintage IMPS... those are not so easy to find anymore edible or not.
the Canadian military dont make IMPS in big numbers like the US military and are not easy for civis to gett in Canada eather.
so a 100$ for one migth be in rigth price range if you are a collector.

cheers ken.

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:20 am

Considering he paid 90 for them, and I’ve been buying them all day long at $10/each (I have hundreds of vintage IMPs), I think this is a marked departure from costs, and a huge jump up from what he paid.

More rare examples, I would probably consider paying more, as a collector, such as the pre 90’s examples. I’ve only seen 4 up for sale in 3 years, but only because of I want one bad and can’t find one.

This seller willfully drove up the bidding to get them, and then marked up the prices 4x
All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/