MRE Depot's menu c's...all gone?

Buying, selling, and trading rations
Stef

Post by Stef » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:22 am

Where do you insert the detonator?
In principio erat spamum

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:32 am

Stef wrote:Where do you insert the detonator?
Does look like Plastique, at that :shock:
It detonates in your lower intestine.....
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

Stef

Post by Stef » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:52 am

Yep, a very vicious delayed explosion with ABC side effects :?
In principio erat spamum

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:41 pm

anyone want to take wagers on whether or not i can get my little boy to eat it. i have plenty of them left over. i bet i could get him to eat five bites. keep in mind he is only 2 1/2 so five bites is about all he will eat of anything.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:15 pm

I know! Keep a bunch in the trunk of your car and use them for traction under your tires if you get stuck in the snow! :lol:
Everything tastes better with Tabasco

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:40 pm

bishopmarine - if you chop up the omelet, I'll bet you can get it him to eat it. But if you leave it in its recently-depouched form, his survival instincts will probably kick in and he'll run away from you. :-)

MREdepot

Post by MREdepot » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Just a quick FYI - Menu C's are back up on eBay. We'll have them up on the website next week.

Thanks!

-Steven
Remember; "When Disaster Strikes, the Time to Prepare has Passed"

Canuck67

Post by Canuck67 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 am

Man, talk about picky eaters! C'mon, guys...it doesn't look that bad. I've eaten worst cafeteria food back in college. I for one hope they don't pull the omelette; it's nice to have at least one breakfast item on the menu. And speaking of which, how come MRE menus are not specifically tailored to each meal of the day, i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner, like our Canadian IMPS?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:57 am

Too late on that Omelet, Canuck67! It's already scheduled for removal in either the 2009 or 2010 MREs. I don't mind having an MRE with breakfast items...give me a bag full of pop tarts and oatmeal...but that Omelet is just wrong. :-)

As for why they don't do Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner MREs, I couldn't tell you the official reasoning. I'm guessing it's something along the lines of how a single menu makes it easier to maintain and deliver stock...since you wouldn't have to worry about a group of starving soldiers being delivered a three month supply of breakfast-only MREs.

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:43 pm

kman wrote:Too late on that Omelet, Canuck67! It's already scheduled for removal in either the 2009 or 2010 MREs.
Good Riddance! :x

I am surprised that the government doesn't use the Oregon Freeze Dry cooked egg products in at least two of the MRE menues. The Eggs with Bacon, and the Western "Omelet" (eggs mixed with ham, onions, and peppers), are outstanding entrees. With the current assortment of side "dishes" and snacks available, you could put together at least a couple really good, true breakfast menues.

But alas, it seems that too much common sense is needed to come up with that idea through official government channels...... :(

Here's a C-rats "ideal" MRE Breakfast Menue ("phantom" MRE menue #25, in case you were wondering). :wink:

Freeze Dried Western Omelet with Ham
Picante Salsa packet
Wheat Snack Bread
Bacon Cheese Spread
Fruit component
ERGO Drink mix
Coffee and Tea packets
Hot Beverage Bag
An Accessory Packet with spoon, FRH, and of course one of those cute little bottles of `ma favorite...... Tabasco! :mrgreen:

So who's hungry? :roll:

(I better put in for some kind of royalty on this idea ---- you just never know!)
Last edited by C-rats on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything tastes better with Tabasco