Available! Also, Review of rare Chinese PLA Compressed..things

Buying, selling, and trading rations
Faraway13

Available! Also, Review of rare Chinese PLA Compressed..things

Post by Faraway13 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:14 pm

Hey all,

Starting with the final line: it was pretty exciting seeing these as they are fairly scant on the market. I do need to sell some though to help with hospital bills. Scroll all the way to the bottom!
I’ve got:
6 of the M13 Compressed Rations
4 of the 900 Compressed BIscuits
2 of the menu 4 meal
2 of the menu 1 meal

Just got out from a long hospitalization with a mind bending balance on my account, but finally decide to try a short review on some fairly difficult to obtain rations. Today I will be trying out two sets of compressed rations. Skip this to the pictures if you want the downlow, or skip to the bottom if you want to buy, but here’s the background. My mother went through the Cultural Revolution where instead of schooling, all were mandated to do physical work in the rice paddies or fields. There was never enough to eat, and even though the fields seemed to be reaping crops, the countryside laborers were not getting proper nutrients.

IMG_2786.jpeg
IMG_2783.jpeg
This is the ‘Compressed Rations’. Luckily, I and my mother are able to read it all and transcribe whats essential (no ‘dental floss using lamb’ - seriously!).
Taste: Very much a crumbly lightly sweetened block. With some chewing and moistening, it turns into something resembling a sweet (with depth) oatmeal almost. Way way better than I thought it would be. 6.5/10.

Intro: M13 compressed rations, utilizing the highest of technology as well as nutrition. Provides a lanced nutrition and helps you retain and refuel, while remaining highly portable and functions
Ingredients: Wheat Flour, oil, sugar, water, soya bean protein, whole milk, sesame powder, spices, salt, glucose, sodium bicarbonate
Nutrition
Cal 1958kJ
Protein 10.5g
Fat 18g
Carbs: 65.5g
Sodium 308

Next: Compressed Biscuits
IMG_2787.jpeg
IMG_2786.jpeg
We do love this one just slightly over the 900 compressed rations. It may be the slightly amped with a bit more sweetness to it, but the crumbly isn’t; as crazy crumby. Definitely going for this one again. 8/10. The convenience of both of these is that the biscuits in each box are cellophane wrapped into two packages, so you can keep the other half fresh while taking your time with the first.

900 Compressed BIscuits
Original Flavor (the white text)
120g GOod for 36 months
Product Number; GB.T.20980
Product/permission number: Sc10813030200082
Made from quingdao China
Ingredients: Wheat flour, vegetables oil, sugar, glucose, water, salt, sodium bicarbonate
Nutrition
1988kJ
Protein 7.1g
Fat 19.4g
Carbs: 67.6
Salt 238

Selling in US:
Full Menus 1 and Menus 4 : $50 each plus shipping. I use traceable USPS flat rate priority, can fit 4 into the medium box so just one sipping charge, and will always try to combine shipping to save you as much money as possible. 5% off for 2nd and 3rd, 10%off for 4th
M13 Compressed Rations and 900 Compressed Biscuits: $15 each plus shipping. 5% additional discount on every two added. Again, I used traceable USPS flat rate priority, and can fit 4 into the smallest size box to save you the money.

Tedster

Discharged From Hospital, Also Review of rare Chinese PLA Compressed..things

Post by Tedster » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:02 pm

I do need to sell some though to help with hospital bills.

Is there a connection? :mrgreen:

Faraway13

Re: Discharged From Hospital, Also Review of rare Chinese PLA Compressed..things

Post by Faraway13 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:55 pm

Tedster wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:02 pm
I do need to sell some though to help with hospital bills.

Is there a connection? :mrgreen:
Haha! Actually, they are helping me to eat more and hopefully put on some weight - they are flavored just right and easy to eat and completely non offensive in the best of ways (you know how some foods and some flavors are just too much or balance is not quite right and you really can’t eat too much of it too often?).

apmarsh

Re: Available! Also, Review of rare Chinese PLA Compressed..things

Post by apmarsh » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:52 am

Took one backpacking and it was awesome, hope you're recovering all okay too! :D

Faraway13

Re: Available! Also, Review of rare Chinese PLA Compressed..things

Post by Faraway13 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:01 pm

apmarsh wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:52 am
Took one backpacking and it was awesome, hope you're recovering all okay too! :D
Thanks apmarsh!!! Those ‘compressed’ biscuits/rations are surprisingly delicious aren’t they! I really can’t think of anything made in USA that can directly compare to them…..if pressed (haha…. :roll: ) I’d say it tastes like a cross between crushed graham crackers, sweet evaporated milk, and some crushed nuts like cashews or macadamias or almonds. Delicious!! And they have proteins and fat for the long haul!