Buying WWII/Korean War Era

Buying, selling, and trading rations
amram

Buying WWII/Korean War Era

Post by amram » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am looking to purchase the following rations. AAF Emergency Parachute, SA-1, SA-2, ST-1 and K-Rations.
Intact rations only. Please reach out if you have anything you would be interested in parting with.

Thank You!

-Amram
Last edited by amram on Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RationManDan

Re: Buying WWII/Korean War Era

Post by RationManDan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:19 pm

To the best of my knowledge all of the SA-1's are extinct for the most part and I can't recall hearing about any that are in Private collections and for the ST-1's I'm only aware of one maybe two that currently exist and one of them resides with me. The rest should be feasible to obtain with time and diligence.

amram

Post by amram » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:31 pm

Yes sir, just a slow grind. I used to own an SA-1, wish I had never parted with it. I have actually seen your ST-1. I admin one of the FB ration groups. You have an awesome collection

texrdnec

Post by texrdnec » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:00 pm

just keep digging, i look EVERYWHERE

i'll search for auction and selling sites just in case anything new has popped up. antiques sites, auctions, gun sites, facebook, craigslist, errrrrrrrrywhere. join usmilitariaforum and follow every link there to every obscure militaria dealer. i've scored some really neat shit from really small players.

ebay is, of course, still the best. check it often, my best deals have always been buy it nows and the good ones don't last for shit

i even gave rationmandan the heads-up on that ST-1 iirc :wink:

ETA: there's a few nice items up by salty croc collectibles right now, he's on here and will deal off of ebay if you're interested

RationManDan

Post by RationManDan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:59 pm

Here is a seller that I'm somewhat acquainted with who has a clean ST-2 for sale. Might be worth giving him a shout. Ive purchased a few nice rations off him in the past like a early cigarette version food packet abandon ship ( Pall Malls yuk!) and a complete set of late war Morale K's by Patten Foods.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230311-185223_eBay.jpg

amram

Post by amram » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:05 am

I'm the same way Tex, always scouring the corners of the internet for leads and listing. You do find things in surprising places sometimes. Thanks for the tip off Dan! I have already made a deal on the ST2. It will be an awesome addition to the collection!

amram

Post by amram » Sat May 27, 2023 2:49 pm

bump