.... Mods can delete this post please. Thank you! :D

Buying, selling, and trading rations
BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: Caution with USPS and selecting extra insurance

Post by BTemple » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:49 pm

The Energy Tablets are bezedrine sulphate, an older form of amphetamine, so similar to Adderal or "crank" today. A class/schedule II drug, illegal to possess without a prescription.

Militaryration_guy wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:05 pm
BTemple wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:54 pm
It probably didn't help that you were receiving amphetamines in the mail as part of the ration. That would be a huge red flag for any shipping company. A drug dog theoretically could have sniffed it out. Or the shady postal worker opened it and saw what was REALLY in it and helped themselves.

QuickBricks wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:43 pm
If anyone reading this has THIS ration I will buy it from you for more than you paid. Please PM me!

If anyone would like to sell a ration like this in this condition or better please also PM!

Hi all, I just had a heartbreaking experiencing with my local US Post Office and a rare ration from an eBay seller.
I have searched for years for this and am going to post a picture of it to show what I believe this USPS Supervisor likely stole...
British World War II RAF Great Britain English Pilot Emergency Flying Ration Mk II Survival Kit.

I have currently opened a formal complaint against the supervisor and am talking to a representative from customer support
tomorrow. So many red flags point to her stealing this. I won't get too much into it but wanted to warn others.
The shipper from Los Angeles, CA shipped to San Jose, CA and the 7 trees location 'lost' it under suspicious circumstances.
He shipped it in a small USPS Priority Shipping box and also added extra insurance. My guess is she saw the small box that
weighed a good amount and the extra insurance and plucked it... so unfortunate...

Anyways some pics below of the ration that got likely stolen by someone at USPS... took me years to find this...
Perhaps ship in a medium priority box with normal insurance? I don't know, real bad time. Cheers yall. :(

s-l1600.jpgs-l16001.jpg

Not trying to stick my nose in this but, amphetamines in a ration as in methamphetamines? Or are you refering to a energy type thing?
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Tedster

Caution with USPS

Post by Tedster » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:43 am

There's no way any of those Mensa candidates had any idea what was in there, trust me you're dealing with (possibly) petty thieves. Or, maybe it got ran over by a fork lift. Who knows... stuff gets munched in the machines, all kinds of stuff can happen.

If you have something important, or something expensive, or both and you're not willing to eat the cost if something bad were to happen then ship it with "signature verification" or even "adult signature required". The shipping companies are or were ignoring this because of the China Virus, but that leaves them on the hook. Make sure adequate packaging is used. Most people do not do a very good job of this.

It helps to know your rights - when you buy something, it isn't "yours" until you actually take receipt of it. Throwing it on your porch unattended doesn't really qualify, technically speaking. In a high trust society ot doesn't matter too much, but in a third world society it matters a great deal.

The shipper takes ownership from the seller, it is in their custody, and they "own" it until it is delivered. For really important items, you can use "Registered" mail, each employee along the way that handles it has to sign for it. They used to get fired if they lost it, maybe they get promoted now? Every shipper has something similar.

QuickBricks

Post by QuickBricks » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:01 pm

Last edited by QuickBricks on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuickBricks

Post by QuickBricks » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Last edited by QuickBricks on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuickBricks

deleted post

Post by QuickBricks » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:15 pm

deleted post
Last edited by QuickBricks on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texrdnec

Re: Caution with USPS and selecting extra insurance * Ration Found Update!

Post by texrdnec » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:04 pm

yeah, no grand conspiracy theory, it's just that the usps is .gov run and full of everything you'd expect from that

i have two packages in the mail right now, one coming and one going. coming to me i have no idea if it's insured past the $50 for priority mail but i'm covered through ebay for it anyway. $425 item, last scanned friday in oak creek, WI, was due today.

going package is $650 on my end, last scanned friday in corpus christi, TX, was due yesterday. i insured the shit out of it because usps.

QuickBricks

Post by QuickBricks » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:27 am