Any Cigarette Pack Collectors Out There?

Buying, selling, and trading rations
Salty Croc
eBay name: Saltycroccollectible

Any Cigarette Pack Collectors Out There?

Post by Salty Croc » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Hey Everyone,

Any one collect vintage cigarette wrappers? Bought a big collection of items a while ago and have been trying to sell these repacked cigarette packs. None of the major selling platforms allow me to sell tobacco even as a collectable.

So here is what they are. These are ORIGINAL vintage wrappers and tax tags pack with modern unfiltered cigarettes. As I was told they were repacked about 20 years ago.
20210704_171525.jpg
20210704_171541.jpg
Let me know if your interested. I am game for trades as well.

-Salty

ViperGTS

Re: Any Cigarette Pack Collectors Out There?

Post by ViperGTS » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:20 pm

I'm not a collector of these, but they are pretty awesome!

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Re: Any Cigarette Pack Collectors Out There?

Post by jfko6 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:08 pm

I have a variety of stories I heard about vintage cigarettes with many discontinued and some very old brands still made like this one:

Woodbine Cigarettes

Woodbine was launched in 1888 by W.D. & H.O. Wills. Noted for its strong unfiltered cigarettes, the brand was cheap and popular in the early 20th century with the working-class, as well as with army men during the First and Second World War. In the Great War, the British Army chaplain Geoffrey Studdert Kennedy MC was affectionately nicknamed "Woodbine Willie" by troops on the Western Front to whom he handed out cigarettes along with Bibles and spiritual comfort. In the 1890s, Woodbine cigarettes were offered at a margin of 19%, with a possible maximum discount of 10%. In the United Kingdom, the brand was sold at very low advertising costs and total expenditure on sales promotion for all cigarettes and tobacco brands in 1925 was only 2d per pound of tobacco sold.
Source: Wikipedia
Accessed: 07.06.21

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire