1977 Combat Meals Interest

Buying, selling, and trading rations
fun2drive

1977 Combat Meals Interest

Post by fun2drive » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:37 pm

I have 12 1977 Combat Meals B1, B2 and B3's. I have the original case they came in but the top is missing. I love this site but and would like to see someone who has interest in these meals (for display only who wants to eat a 1977 Combat Meal).
I love watching the videos of those that have more guts than I do to eat these.
Been on here as a lurker but decided to join and see if I can contribute.
I can honestly say that when I was in Guam in the early 60's typhoon Karen destroyed the island and my family and I eat C and K rations for over 6 weeks.
The only good thing I remember about eating these rations was the wax covered candy bars (I was a 9 year old kid) that came with the meals.
I have never seen one of those candy bars since (nor did I go looking for them) but I had to eat the rations to survive for a long time.
Glad to be here and have tried some MRE's I saw in the commissary years ago and they were not that good....

Eistee
eBay name: mjulian-de

Re: 1977 Combat Meals Interest

Post by Eistee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm

I would be interested in one.
I am always interested to see how older Rations held up over all that time.

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:03 pm

fun2drive wrote:I have 12 1977 Combat Meals B1, B2 and B3's. I have the original case they came in but the top is missing. I love this site but and would like to see someone who has interest in these meals (for display only who wants to eat a 1977 Combat Meal).
I love watching the videos of those that have more guts than I do to eat these.
Been on here as a lurker but decided to join and see if I can contribute.
I can honestly say that when I was in Guam in the early 60's typhoon Karen destroyed the island and my family and I eat C and K rations for over 6 weeks.
The only good thing I remember about eating these rations was the wax covered candy bars (I was a 9 year old kid) that came with the meals.
I have never seen one of those candy bars since (nor did I go looking for them) but I had to eat the rations to survive for a long time.
Glad to be here and have tried some MRE's I saw in the commissary years ago and they were not that good....
So these are just the B-Unit cans? Not the whole MCI's?
I assume shipping to Canada would be horribly expensive.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

fun2drive

Post by fun2drive » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:20 pm

I am happy to provide the 12 I have to those interested. One of them has the bottom off but I put a rubber band to hold it on (the fruit juices have leaked from almost all of the can a little). One was opened so 10 are in great shape give their age.

I don't know the different in what you mean by B meals vs MCI.
These are the same meals I ate years ago.
These are complete meals.
Maybe I should take a picture of two of one of the rations to show what is there.
These are all B Combat Rations so explain what you mean by MCI please.
Thanks

fun2drive

Post by fun2drive » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 pm

BT
I reread your post to me.
Yes these are all B combat rations complete meaning Meals, Combat Individual.
Let me see if I am allowed to post a couple of pictures if that would help.
I am guessing shipping to Canada would be pretty expensive.
Guessing these weigh the same as all these B rations about 1 1/2 pounds?
Attachments
Complete ration 1.jpg
ration top view.jpg

Oldsmokey

Post by Oldsmokey » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm

I'd be up for reviewing one. I'll private message you and see about the details.

fun2drive

Post by fun2drive » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 pm

OK sounds good.

gschultz9

Post by gschultz9 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Welcome to the forums (as a posting member) fun2drive! I would also be interested in of these MCIs if it's at all possible. I love the old surplus store price tags on them! Imagine being able to buy MCIs for $2.39?!? Let me see if I can clear up any confusion about the terminology. These are indeed MCIs (also called C-rations by almost everyone). The "B" units are one of the cans found in each MCI. They contain snack and dessert items like crackers, peanut butter, cheese and chocolates. The box tells you what the main dish of the MCI and the "B" unit that comes with it (B-1, B-2 or B-3) are.

fun2drive

Post by fun2drive » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:27 am

Thanks I appreciate the background on these. All I know is we used to eat them as C rations.
You are welcome to one. I honestly need help pricing these with a fair number for members.
I am happy to see interest in these. I remember getting them I think at an Army Surplus store while in college and bought them for things like camping or staying in a primitive cabin. I stored these then the Air Force had a way of keeping me busy for so long that I forgot about them.

One member has expressed an interest in doing a video of one of these which would be excellent.

Will be in touch with all the members that have expressed interest and once I can get help on a fair price will ask them if they are interested. I am not looking to make any money on this just get these into the hands of those that can appreciate them.

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Post by BTemple » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:19 am

fun2drive wrote:BT
I reread your post to me.
Yes these are all B combat rations complete meaning Meals, Combat Individual.
Let me see if I am allowed to post a couple of pictures if that would help.
I am guessing shipping to Canada would be pretty expensive.
Guessing these weigh the same as all these B rations about 1 1/2 pounds?
Thanks a lot!
Yeah shipping might be a bit pricey. But once you figure out what you think is a fair price I'd love to get the Beef and Spiced Sauce one with the B-1 Unit!
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.