RocketStore: Russian MRE with shipping worldwide

Buying, selling, and trading rations
Unimproved
eBay name: unimproved

Re: RocketStore: Russian MRE with shipping worldwide

Post by Unimproved » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:32 am

FunkOffJack wrote:When I try to check out, it says there are no shipping methods to my country and to contact them. No thank you.
rocketstore wrote: In case, if total weight more than 2kg, please contact us, and we will find the cheapest and the fastest shipping methods for you. We work with Russian Post, Netherlands Post, EMS. Shipping worldwide.

How to contact us? It is easy: we have online chat on our site, our e - mail: order@rocketstore.me, you can also ask us questions in this thread or private messages at forum.
It's pretty much impossible to create an automated system for calculating worldwide shipping with variable weight.

rocketstore
eBay name: rocketstore2016

Post by rocketstore » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:54 pm

FunkOffJack wrote:When I try to check out, it says there are no shipping methods to my country and to contact them. No thank you.
Unimproved wrote:It's pretty much impossible to create an automated system for calculating worldwide shipping with variable weight.
Hello,
We are really sorry, that you were unhappy with this.
Of course, we will update our site soon with new system.

Because it is not ready now, we will be happy to help you with shipping by PM on forum or e - mail.
And of course, we will be happy to see you as customers. Please accept our apologies again.

Dmitriy

FunkOffJack
eBay name: AdamBarrieCanada

Post by FunkOffJack » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Unimproved wrote:It's pretty much impossible to create an automated system for calculating worldwide shipping with variable weight.
It's actually not, provided the shipping company has an API to provide shipping quotes. Russia Post doesn't appear to expose that functionality in their API. I can see endpoints to get tracking info but not for getting quotes. If RocketStore is using Russia Post then it makes sense that they would need to get a quote over the phone or in person. If they used another carrier such as DHL it would be easier since they are worldwide and have a good API with the ability to do basically anything needed programmatically. I see they also use other carriers but it *is* actually difficult to get the best price when one or more of your shippers don't allow getting quotes via API calls.

I don't actually know what their system is but I do know the technical side of eCommerce very well so this is all my best guess. I actually spent 2 years in support helping companies setting up online stores and email marketing campaigns on a major eCommerce platform then 5 years doing QA (Quality Assurance) on the same platform. Now I develop software components companies use to connect their customer management systems to their public facing websites. Fun stuff for me but it does give a much different view of online shopping.

Now in hindsight, I should have given an actual reason instead of just "No thank you." My bad. I did come off a bit snippy. My reason is that my package was quite small (3 items, 1.4kg total) and it still provided no shipping methods to me. As a consumer, having to stop a purchase during checkout to contact the merchant for a shipping price takes away the enjoyment of buying it now and satisfying that immediate desire to buy it.

I do look forward to RocketStore getting their shipping all lined up as I do like the variety of Rations and MREs they have.
rocketstore wrote: We are really sorry, that you were unhappy with this.
Of course, we will update our site soon with new system.

Because it is not ready now, we will be happy to help you with shipping by PM on forum or e - mail.
And of course, we will be happy to see you as customers. Please accept our apologies again.
No need to apologize Dmitriy. I do understand eCommerce and the pitfalls of getting up and running. I was stopped dead in the middle of an impulse buy and got stymied. Please accept *my* apology for not being more specific with my issue. I will contact you for a shipping price for some of the Emergency, Expeditionary and Marching MREs. They've piqued my interest :)

FunkOffJack

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Post by wats6831 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:34 pm

FunkOffJack wrote:
No need to apologize Dmitriy. I do understand eCommerce and the pitfalls of getting up and running. I was stopped dead in the middle of an impulse buy and got stymied. Please accept *my* apology for not being more specific with my issue. I will contact you for a shipping price for some of the Emergency, Expeditionary and Marching MREs. They've piqued my interest :)

FunkOffJack
I had the same problem. I had loaded up my cart with about $200 USD of rations and the system said no valid shipping options, so I couldn't complete the check out.

I will email them for a quote. Thanks for the heads up Dmitry!

Skantman
eBay name: Tjlopez10

Post by Skantman » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Has anyone actually received anything from them yet?
New to the hobby! Looking to buy any in-date 24hr rations from all over the world. Glad to be here!! :D :D
eBay name is Tjlopez10

rocketstore
eBay name: rocketstore2016

Post by rocketstore » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:44 pm

wats6831 wrote: I had the same problem. I had loaded up my cart with about $200 USD of rations and the system said no valid shipping options, so I couldn't complete the check out.

I will email them for a quote. Thanks for the heads up Dmitry!
Hello!
Please check your e - mail for our reply. Thank you!
Skantman wrote:Has anyone actually received anything from them yet?
Hello!
As we can see in our system, currently no. All packages to MREInfo members are on the way. Current status for your package: Awaiting for departure from Russia, 08 January 2017, 01:16 102902, Moscow
Thank you!

Silverallday

Post by Silverallday » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:30 pm

Mine is en Route. He was nice enough to snap a picture for me.

Skantman
eBay name: Tjlopez10

Post by Skantman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Well great news rocketstore finally delivered. Packaging was perfect and arrived with zero damage. I will be ordering again. Took damn near 2 months but got it. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_9226.JPG
IMG_9221.JPG
New to the hobby! Looking to buy any in-date 24hr rations from all over the world. Glad to be here!! :D :D
eBay name is Tjlopez10

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm

I know the feeling lol...all my packages from Russia regularly take 2-3 months; but not to worry, I've never not gotten them. My case of IRPs from rocketstore should be about 10 days behind yours :D
it is what it is....

Silverallday

Post by Silverallday » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:35 am

Just got my Package from Rocketstore! Awesome all the way around. I opened it to confirm it WAS the real mountain ration with freeze dried food, not cans, and the Chocolate bars. I will absolutely buy from these guys again.