New guy.. Look what the Ration Fairy left me!

Buying, selling, and trading rations
AndreLinoge

New guy.. Look what the Ration Fairy left me!

Post by AndreLinoge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Been lurking here a while.. Decided to make some contributions to the community, finally, with a few upcoming 'in the wild' reviews/field use documentation..

Anyhow, I thought these were sort of rare? Thats what I heard, anyway.. Then I found these for sale the next week after I saw Steve's review for them: Russian mountain(?) rations. I got 4 of menu 1, and one menu 3.. Could have been a better mix, but I'm happy. As easy as they were to score, I will be getting more, most likely.

So heres the pile.

I might trade one or two, for the right stuff. Probably will mostly just enjoy these myself. I have some single meal rations coming, hopefully before saturday, so I will be able to do a single on the first night camping, then see how a 24 hour ration stacks up to my camping/training. I'll hopefully be doing this with a russian police ration, one of these mountain rations, a Kazakh ration, and a Danish pack as well.
I've always been curious as to how the food matches up to the workload expected from those eating it, especially since the malnutrition horror stories from eating MREs long term have cropped up.
Anyhow, hopefully I can share good enough information to match up with what I've learned from this place and its members' vids and written reviews. I enjoy this sort of thing; ever so much more now I know about other countries' rations.. Lets be honest, US MREs are only so interesting: sit one next to a Polish SR-G and it it quite easily overlooked.
Yay international rations!

Ps.. Looking over these rations, doing some translating.. I dont think they're mountain rations. Just regular Ruskies packed in 'The Frog'.. These are running around 3600 - 3800 kcal where the mountain rations arw 4500+ as far as I know? Ah well. Good price anyway. I will open one and snap some pics maybe later and make sure.

housil

Re: New guy.. Look what the Ration Fairy left me!

Post by housil » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Welcome to forums

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Post by sourwes » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Nice score! Welcome to the group...
it is what it is....

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Welcome Andre! What country do you come from?
Good Luck ! Rations from all over the world are a great fun !
I think the the Russian rations are rather not the mountain version - this is another package . What you show is probably a regular ration.
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

MREHungary

Post by MREHungary » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Welcome to the forums!

If it has a menu 3 then it is not the mountain ration. I know that because the mountain rations have two "variant" columns (the last columns on the ration itself) and these have three such columns. Nevertheless these are genuine Russian rations and very delicious.

AndreLinoge

Post by AndreLinoge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:23 pm

These are def just regular military packs. Thats cool tho, you know what they say, 'what's told aint always what's sold.'

Besides, I like the blister pack. I dont see it all the time.. And they are super fresh, so I wont get too sore over it.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:45 pm

I would be interested in trading for one of you are in the states. I literally have just about anything you could be looking for.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

AndreLinoge

Post by AndreLinoge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:18 pm

Ok Bob, i will probably have to take you up on something. We know you have an impressive stash..

And for those that asked, I'm from southern Ohio, USA. Gotta pay the piper to ship good rations from europe, but it can be worth it, I'm finding.