Migration to Wiki

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
CaptainKek

Migration to Wiki

Post by CaptainKek » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:00 am

Hey, I'm a new member here. I'd like to firstly introduce myself as CaptainKek.

I have background in IT and website development, and came to find MREInfo.com through Steve1989's videos which I happen to enjoy when I relax. Sometimes I like to hop on over to MRE Info's website and take a look at past MRE's and their menus, and thought that the site may benefit by using something like MediaWiki:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki

It would make it easier to organize MRE information by year, tags, contents, and more. I think it could really improve the layout of the website, adding new content as a moderator or administrator, and finding content as a website visitor.

What do you guys think?

[ex-Member1]

Re: Migration to Wiki

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:02 am

Sounds cool

I made a thread about croatian rations here viewtopic.php?t=6707

And there are also few good topics about russian rations and for spanish that carlos made viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6895&p=52475#p52475

If you need help about something PM me.

CaptainKek

Re: Migration to Wiki

Post by CaptainKek » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Asger wrote:Sounds cool

I made a thread about croatian rations here viewtopic.php?t=6707

And there are also few good topics about russian rations and for spanish that carlos made viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6895&p=52475#p52475

If you need help about something PM me.
Will definitely let you know if I need help with anything. I also recommend updating Wordpress since you guys are running an older version of it, and may be susceptible to vulnerabilities. If you guys ever want to make the switch to MediaWiki, feel free to reach out to me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Merry Christmas to you all :)