Can we link the slackchat?

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
SNiiP3R

Can we link the slackchat?

Post by SNiiP3R » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Just a suggestion, but I think it would be nice to have a direct link to https://mreinfo.slack.com somewhere at the top of the board.
Maybe next to "Home" "Board Index" links.

kman
Site Admin

Re: Can we link the slackchat?

Post by kman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Well, it's kind of a forums-members-only thing - that's why it's only stickied in the Members Forum here: viewforum.php?f=7

Do you mainly use Slack with the web client? I usually the app version on my Mac or the mobile version on my phone/tablet.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting a link like you suggest at the top...if only it were easy. But the board software doesn't make it easy to make those types of changes to the forums.

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Post by Garron » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Could someone explain Slackchat? It wasn't around when I was first on here

Cheers
Gaz

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Check out this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6792

Steve1989 calls it "MREInfo Live" and the name has stuck. Good fun, good times! Check out the link above and PM me for an email invite (it's the only way to join - I have to add your email address in there and it sends you a custom link to sign in).

We already have about 20+ people in there - US east/central/mountain/west-coasters and a bunch from Canada, the UK, Germany, Sweden, etc. So the more Europeans we get in there, the less likely the ones already there will be complaining at 4am (my time) that no one else is around to chat. :-)