Forums Suggestion: US and International rations

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
[ex-Member1]

Forums Suggestion: US and International rations

Post by [ex-Member1] » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:52 pm

First I woud quote forum owner kman he wrote just hour or two before:
For some background, the forums' structure hasn't changed much in the 11 years that it's been running.
Times change and there are so many international rations coming to forum members it's time that International rations have their own place separate from all US made rations. So in this International subforum I would suggest transfer of International rations disscusions and International rations reviews. It would be much easier to get more information or just to know where to post something you want that's in this type of subject.

International rations viewforum.php?f=4

Internationa rations review: viewforum.php?f=13

All used and alive. In second suggestion for this same problem we would have all countries we get mainstream rations from listed as subforums and for others more rare we would get subforum The Rest of the World.

So main subforum Europe with this subforums inside and below Germany example or people making topics:
Germany
- German EPA 2
- What's brotaufstrich
- type of crackers

UK
Poland
France
Italy
Spain
Sweden
etc etc
Rest of the Europe

So someone interested in only Swedish rations would have 2 clicks to get into his place to get more information or to give one. In case Romania starts producing and leaking rations it's 2 minute job to add Romania into this list. Same could be made for Asia, Australasia... and since there is almost none rations from the Africa and S. America would have just subforums with no countries listed inside as subforum topics

I made original post here viewtopic.php?f=2&p=50383#p50383 and I want to point out this would make forum much more clear/lucid not just for us but for many lurkers that are not members of it. Now we have a mess where topics from Chinese rations to Canadian IMP and Polish SRG and German EPA are all in one place. Try to find informations about Italian rations in forum as it is now. Searching Italian or Italy will not get you far or you will be sitting for quite some time and scrolling, same thing if you go manualy search international and then international reviews... keep in mind these two are in separated places one is under discussions other is under reviews just under Civilian MRE Reviews(!) and that's subforum that get's used quite often because now people get various things from various places it's not like it was 11 years ago.

laughing_man

Re: Forums Suggestion: US and International rations

Post by laughing_man » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:49 am

I think that the search function of phpBB is poor.
The following extension provides a forum with the tag function of a keyword.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2263616
I think that this becomes easy to access to the target thread.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:16 am

I like that! I'll check into it!

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:47 am

welcome to 2018. on mreinfo
Screenshot_120.png

housil

Post by housil » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:06 pm

?

norge

Post by norge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:49 am

post should be in international reviews not in each and everyone and specialy not in the US review menu :D

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 pm

norge wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:49 am
post should be in international reviews not in each and everyone and specialy not in the US review menu :D
I deleted all the crosspostings.