Forums Suggestion: Buy/Sell/Trade

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
[ex-Member1]

Forums Suggestion: Buy/Sell/Trade

Post by [ex-Member1] » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:30 pm

I want to suggest this viewforum.php?f=3 one subforum separates in 3 different subforums. It would make easier to browse forum and make visual filter if you are not interested in a trade but only buying you don't need to open new topic just to see what the OP wants. On some forums people use WTB/WTS/WTT in front of their topic subject but most people here don't use that.

There are lots of posting in this one thread and it looks pretty bad. Someone isn't interested in trades or just want to trade don't want to buy, now this person needs to click and open every topic that has only the ration name in subject but no reference is it selling or just trading or both...

Making topic with subjects "MRE Chilli Mac" and posting it in subforum Buy/Sell/Trade is not helping with making this forum easy to use. I want to buy it and I go open it just to see it read's If someone is selling I want to buy it. If it was under "Buying" I wouldn't open it because I'm not interested in selling I also want to buy it etc.

There is also question why are MRE Symposium and Meetup topic located in this part of forum? If someone wanted to find more about this meetup he found out somewhere do you really think he would open buy-sell-trade to find it or he would open News MRE and other ration news or Members Forum Discussion area for registered members...

kman
Site Admin

Re: Forums Suggestion: Buy/Sell/Trade

Post by kman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Asger wrote:There is also question why are MRE Symposium and Meetup topic located in this part of forum? If someone wanted to find more about this meetup he found out somewhere do you really think he would open buy-sell-trade to find it or he would open News MRE and other ration news or Members Forum Discussion area for registered members...
I purposely made this post a "Global Announcement" so that it sticks at the top of every forum here. We want to get the word out about it. But don't worry...as soon as the event is over on October 22, I'll take the announcement down.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:13 pm

Asger wrote:I want to suggest this viewforum.php?f=3 one subforum separates in 3 different subforums. It would make easier to browse forum and make visual filter if you are not interested in a trade but only buying you don't need to open new topic just to see what the OP wants. On some forums people use WTB/WTS/WTT in front of their topic subject but most people here don't use that.
So is your suggestion that the Buy/Sell/Trade forum be divided up into three separate forums?:

1 - Buy
2 - Sell
3 - Trade

Or do you think we should just enforce the use of "WTB, WTS, WTT" in front of each post, depending on what it's for?

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:20 pm

kman wrote:I purposely made this post a "Global Announcement" so that it sticks at the top of every forum here. We want to get the word out about it. But don't worry...as soon as the event is over on October 22, I'll take the announcement down.
That's cool and that's how it should be, visible everywhere. But that's part 2 and I'm talking about this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6150

kman wrote:
Asger wrote:I want to suggest this viewforum.php?f=3 one subforum separates in 3 different subforums. It would make easier to browse forum and make visual filter if you are not interested in a trade but only buying you don't need to open new topic just to see what the OP wants. On some forums people use WTB/WTS/WTT in front of their topic subject but most people here don't use that.
So is your suggestion that the Buy/Sell/Trade forum be divided up into three separate forums?:

1 - Buy
2 - Sell
3 - Trade

Or do you think we should just enforce the use of "WTB, WTS, WTT" in front of each post, depending on what it's for?
I would rather suggest
1 - Buy
2 - Sell
3 - Trade

Because it's hard to get people to start their topic subjects with those shortenings. And also if someone makes mistake and post in wrong subforum it's easier for mod to just transfer it to right part then to write replies hey dude put your WantTo in your topic subject.

Also for the people who say I want to buy or trade well if you want more a trade over buying then post in trade and just wrote somewhere or trade in subject or in post body.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Ok, makes sense to me (the buy/sell/trade part).

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Asger wrote:
kman wrote:I purposely made this post a "Global Announcement" so that it sticks at the top of every forum here. We want to get the word out about it. But don't worry...as soon as the event is over on October 22, I'll take the announcement down.
That's cool and that's how it should be, visible everywhere. But that's part 2 and I'm talking about this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6150
Well, there's a link to the original announcement in that new global sticky topic. I didn't want to junk up the top each forums *too* much with redundant info.

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 pm

I'm just saying that "MRE Symposium and Meetup" is now located in buy/sell/trade and there's like 2 places that sound more logic to have thread like that like News or Members Forum. If it can be under Buy/Sell/Trade then it can be Other US Ration Reviews because why not...

Let's say you divide thhis subforum into 3 subforums I wonder where would "MRE Symposium and Meetup" then be, in Trade subforum? And when someone gets to this forum he would say hey these guys are going to meet soon they will have a meetup let's read more about it, where should I click oh ok it must be in Buy/Sell/Trade because no reason at all.

housil

Post by housil » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:46 am

I wouldn´t separate it into three forums but maybe we can have a button to hit says "buy","sell" or "trade" so the headline says so?