Forums Suggestion: Combing threads

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
kman
Site Admin

Forums Suggestion: Combing threads

Post by kman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:22 pm

SNiiP3R suggested in another thread:
Would be nice if mods / admins would start to combine threads. Instead of having 100s threads about the same type of ration, combine them all into a single mother thread. This way when you search for something, you'll always end up in a single thread, with many reviews by different members.

kman
Site Admin

Re: Forums Suggestion: Combing threads

Post by kman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Speaking strictly as a user, not an admin/moderator...
SNiiP3R wrote:Would be nice if mods / admins would start to combine threads. Instead of having 100s threads about the same type of ration, combine them all into a single mother thread. This way when you search for something, you'll always end up in a single thread, with many reviews by different members. :mrgreen:
Noooooooooo!!!!!!! :shock: :!: For the love of all things ration'y...threads are difficult enough to follow when they get to be 5+ pages long...much less when a number of different threads are all merged into a mega-monster of a thread.

I don't mind finding 10 different reviews of the "Country Captain Chicken" MRE...but if was all in one single review topic, I'd think people would't get too far past the first page or two of posts before giving up.

On some of the other non-rations forums that I read, I see these threads that are 10's or 100's of pages (pages! not posts!) long and when I'm new to a topic, there's just no way I can dig through that many pages.

But that's just me...please...go ahead and talk me into it...convince me to see it a different way!

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:39 pm

How about I give you a creamsicle (sp?) cookie, and leave things as they are?

SNiiP3R

Post by SNiiP3R » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:53 pm

I personally find it easier to navigate through a single thread, than go through a long list of search results. You always know that the old stuff would be in the begining of a 100 page thread, so you could skip the first 98 pages and just focus on the recent postings.

housil

Post by housil » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:43 am

What we (I´m a Super Mod there) do a drones forums (43.000 members), we close threads if they have a similar topic and point out to use the first thread of that specific topic. This makes topic + 100 pages long... :shock: and we consequently delete all "offtopic" postings to keep them on topic.

I like we have that small community over here with less moderation :wink: