Suggestion/Request - Trader Rating

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
Apocalypse

Suggestion/Request - Trader Rating

Post by Apocalypse » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Most every web forum that allows communications for trades and sales has a Trader Rating feature which goes a long way towards easing such transactions. I know there's the thread for this but its not as efficient. I'm not sure if this can be set up with this software or what is involved, so if its a hassle or extra cost then not worth it.

I'd love to share the wealth of IMPs that I've come in to, but the lack of rating history makes me nervous.
-------------------------------------
Offence cannot be given, only taken.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Re: Suggestion/Request - Trader Rating

Post by Ruleryak » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Well there are definitely feedback, reputation and rating mods available for phpBB (the system this site uses), but I'm betting alot of folks would agree that if it ain't broke don't fix it. Not sure if KMan wants to mess with the site. Here's what I use:

Code: Select all

http://mreinfo.com/forums/search.php?terms=all&author=&fid[]=3&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0&submit=Search&t=1632&keywords=ruleryak
That search will show entire posts from feedback thread specifically. Just change where it says ruleryak to whoever you're looking to trade with and see what kind of feedback they've had on here so far.

In general though I don't think there's ever been much of a problem between members on here that didn't get worked out. It's not ebay so it's not like we're tracking shipping times or anything :mrgreen: If someone on this forum has something I need I'll wait as long as it takes. Most of us aren't professional sellers or anything so it's not as though we do this sorta stuff all the time.

jaminphx

Post by jaminphx » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:13 am

Ruleryak wrote:Well there are definitely feedback, reputation and rating mods available for phpBB (the system this site uses), but I'm betting alot of folks would agree that if it ain't broke don't fix it. Not sure if KMan wants to mess with the site. Here's what I use:

Code: Select all

http://mreinfo.com/forums/search.php?terms=all&author=&fid[]=3&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0&submit=Search&t=1632&keywords=ruleryak
Ruleryak,

I tried that search string, with my name, as a test and this is the result.
2014-01-01 - Search string result.jpg
I have been involved with a few purchases from people on this site with no problems at all. I do like the idea of a Trader Rating System (and one for buyers like me) but the lack of one won't stop me from dealings in the future.

Jaminphx

2014-01-01- 23:18 edited quote tag

housil

Post by housil » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:23 am

Ruleryak wrote: In general though I don't think there's ever been much of a problem between members on here that didn't get worked out. It's not ebay so it's not like we're tracking shipping times or anything :mrgreen: If someone on this forum has something I need I'll wait as long as it takes. Most of us aren't professional sellers or anything so it's not as though we do this sorta stuff all the time.
I like your thought. You are right. This is not ebay and the whole sale/trade thing is actually a "personal favor" thing where members mostly trade rations for other rations.
Some times "members" show up just trying to get rations for "free" from other members. This happens once with me in person. I got ripped off $250.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks Ruleryak, that'll do nicely.
-------------------------------------
Offence cannot be given, only taken.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Jaminphx,

Looking at your error message screenshot, it looks like you tried to enter the entire string into the search field. What I had was the entire url. You have to open a new window in your browser and paste that in as the url itself (don't use the search box on this site at all). If I paste the string into the search I get the same exact error message because the site thinks that I'm trying to trick it as a way of breaking into the database.

I hope that makes sense!

jaminphx

Post by jaminphx » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Ruleryak wrote:Jaminphx,

Looking at your error message screenshot, it looks like you tried to enter the entire string into the search field. What I had was the entire url. You have to open a new window in your browser and paste that in as the url itself (don't use the search box on this site at all). If I paste the string into the search I get the same exact error message because the site thinks that I'm trying to trick it as a way of breaking into the database.

I hope that makes sense!
Yes it does. I should have know that, I was kinda tired I guess.

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 am

After reading the replies on this thread maybe what we need is something like a % score, like on eBay, for the members. Okay so, like I have a high amount of trades/feedback to my name (of course a lot of people know that, duh) but how about assigning a percentage score next to your screen name. That way people can add to it like the feedback thread and perhaps others would be more likely to trade with you. The higher the score the most trustworthy you are.

I say that because I have had a few newcomers to the site that contact me out of the blue asking for FSIR's, MRE's or spare parts. I know one scammer who might still be on here, or not; they almost duped me into taking my personal info for a possible sale of FSIR's. The more new you are to the site the more your going to have to prove yourself to the forum.

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:40 pm

For those who may still have a Cocern over trading here was one suggestion that was added to the site:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2366

Some users have that information added to their profile. And of course the eBay ratings are all included.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire