MREinfo.com Podcast

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
fdsman

MREinfo.com Podcast

Post by fdsman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:04 pm

Hey, kman I was wondering if you could possibly do a podcast, I hope you know what they are, and if you don't it's an internet radio show that you can download through itunes, and I was thinking this would be possible becuase all you need is itunes and an rss feed this would be great for me and other members who have iPods (if any of you have them) and iTunes. Although you wouldn't have to be on it all the time, I'm thinking that other members who get an intresting mre, they would be able to record it, eat it if they wanted to, and then review it on the MREinfo.com Podcast!

So, who's with me?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:18 pm

I think you are a bit too far ahead of us old kodgers fdsman...I don't even own an Ipod! But I will own a Mac soon!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:07 am

hmm, well DDave, your the closest to listening to it, all I need is that rss feed, infact I might beable to do it my self, it would be audio segments of some kind.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:45 am

Hi fdsman. I don't think you'll see a podcast from here anytime real soon. At least, you won't see it from me because that's a whole lot more work than I think I can take on.

But an RSS feed I can probably handle. In fact, I'm looking at a site redesign right now and the new software I'll be using has RSS feeding built right in so that shouldn't be a problem.

I've also experimented with RSS feeds for the forums but I'm not sure where that's going yet.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:48 am

I like to feeds my face...with cheese spread and wheat snack bread... :lol:
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

Rey

Post by Rey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:20 am

My nephew got an ipod for Christmas and I was helping him set it up. After playing with it for a while I got the idea that I wanted one too. Neat little things, probably too small I’ll probably end up sitting on the darn thing. :lol:
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
----Theodore Roosevelt

kyle

Post by kyle » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:58 pm

Really,whats an Ipod?And whats a RSS,real slow service,Im on dial up why would I want to go slower? :?
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

dex

Post by dex » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:35 pm

Well all you really have to do is plug a tape recorder into the line in jack of your audio card, record the file as a .WAV, convert it using a free downloaded MP3 converter and then post on this site for anyone with an MP3 player or computer for that matter, to download and listen. Could turn out to be a big file I guess though so dialups would have to plan ahead.