The United States of America is only....

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
turbomark7

The United States of America is only....

Post by turbomark7 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:17 pm

.... six or seven meals away from anarchy as New Orleans demonstrated by way of Hurricane Katrina. I suppose, in reality, most of the world may only be four or five meals from anarchy.

I believe www.mreinfo.com is positioned for greatness as a must-have website and I applaud those responsible for it and contribute to it. I forwarded the link to all my friends.

I feel much better since the MRE I consumed six days ago. I'll dig my hole - foxhole, latrine, or grave - before I feast on my next ration. :D
-=cornd0g 7=-

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:12 pm

Thanks for your kind words, turbomark7.

You make a good point about every place only being four or five meals from anarchy. I said almost the same thing to my wife while we were watching the scenes of disaster in NO on tv. I told her what she was seeing could be happening right down the road from us if a natural disaster hit our town and the local authorities were MIA. In cases like that (and you never know when it might happen), you really have to be prepared to take care of your family and yourself.

I'm not trying to be some kind of survivalist/end-of-the-world nut-job - I'm just saying take a look at what what happened in New Orleans and ask yourself what you would do in a similar situation.

kyle

Post by kyle » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:07 pm

Kinda reminds me of my scout moto BE PREPARED! If your not, its not the Goverments Fault!!! :evil:
Ye who live by the sword,get shot by We that don't!

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:21 am

Or the old saying, "Don't know what you got, until it's gone".
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

wolf762

Post by wolf762 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:14 pm

another saying is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

norge

Post by norge » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 pm

life is like a box of chocolate,you never now what you gona gett.
Forrest Gump

norge

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:54 pm

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush?

But really, even the government says to keep food on hand in case of an emergency, it's eventually how I ended up here.

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:06 pm

its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. no wait a minute thats not right.
beeeeat it, beeeeat it, your the no wait thats a song.
damn i cant think of a good one guys

but i agree with you all. we must prepare ourselves. nobody else wil do it. i would rather die of old age with a buttload of survival supplies. than die at 32 along with my whole family because i was not prepared.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:43 pm

bishopmarine wrote:
.....We must prepare ourselves. Nobody else will do it. I would rather die of old age with a buttload of survival supplies, than die at 32 along with my whole family because I was not prepared.

That's a damn fine Sales Motto right there for a company.....damn fine! 8)
Everything tastes better with Tabasco

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 am

I want to move to Scandinavia. I have my own M-1949 sleeping bag and other possibles. Only need, an Indian Woman, sort of like the one Jeremiah Johnson nailed. 8)