Liveleak videos now playable in the forums

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
kman
Site Admin

Liveleak videos now playable in the forums

Post by kman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:57 pm

I'm doing a lot of working getting the new forums up and running (I'm sure you've all been racing to the beta site to check it out: viewtopic.php?t=2150 ) and one of the things I need to re-write for the new forums is the code that embeds videos and makes them playable in the forums.

While I was at it, I went ahead and threw in liveleak support (jfko6's favorite video site, based on the amount of videos he posts from it) and added that support to these soon-to-be-old forums. So check it out:

Iraqi Puppy Goes CRAZY For Chili Mac

One note...it looks like some liveleak videos are marked "Over 18" and you have to click-through a screen on their site to gain access. So if you seen an embedded liveleak video here and it won't play, that's probably why. To view it, just click the link above the video and you can view it the old-fashioned way on their website.

So jfko6 - this MOD's for you!

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

MRE Info

Post by jfko6 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:49 pm

KMan:

Thanks for updating the MREinfo forums to play Live Leak videos. They are
useful, not to glorify war, but to inform those of the true nature of this historic event for the purpose of educating oneself. Therefore, each video post has a purpose whether educational, informational, or otherwise telling of the conflict here and abroad. And some light hearted ones as well.

Recommendations will be made for the beta site.
Thanks Again.

911 call: 'You're not going to believe this'
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire