Firefox 3.0

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Firefox 3.0

Post by jfko6 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Firefox 3.0 is available for download. This full version is a good and worthwhile upgrade. It has some minor kinks but nothing that interferes with normal operation.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:03 am

As far as I can tell Firefox 3.0 is still in RC (release candidate) status. This is the stage just past beta where they're prepping the product for final release.

The current official version is still 2.0.0.14:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

jfko6

Firefox 3.0

Post by jfko6 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Ver 3.0 is awesome. It does everything I want and more!
Firefox 3.0.jpg
Firefox 3.0
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 am

I honestly don't get this whole browser thing.

I have used Firefox, IE and Safari. They all do exactly what I need them to do and I have had trouble with none of them.

Since I am such a MacFanBoy, be quiet kman, I support Apple and use Safari exclusively.

And when I have to boot into Windows Vista, ONLY FOR THE REASON OF PLAYING MY CALL OF DUTY GAME...DAMMIT!, I used IE...to support Windows.

I just don't get the browser thing.

'splain it to me!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:47 am

Browsers aren't such a big deal on Macs. Safari works mostly except for certain sites. And when Mrs. Kman (the Mac user in the house) runs into problems with Safari, she just switches to Firefox and everything almost always works then.

The deal with browsers on PCs is that Internet Explorer sucks. Sure it works but it's also the most targeted browser on the planet for hackers, spammers, advertisers, script kiddies, etc. If you do a ton of browsing with IE, you'll find yourself inundated with pop-up windows and all sort of other funky stuff in no time. And if you're not a real geeky computer user who knows how to secure his computer and browser safely, you'll find youself infected with adware and malware in no time flat.

Firefox on the PC doesn't have all these problems. Some of them, yes, but it's not near as bad as IE. I like to take it one step further...my browser of choice is Opera on the PC. :-)

jfko6

Browser

Post by jfko6 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 am

To sum of what KMan said it's all about security, speed, and ease of use. Some open source items are made to customize. But stay away from Google Chrome. The Beta ver. doesn't work right in these forums.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country