New forum rooms

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
DIRTYDAVE

New forum rooms

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:14 pm

Kman, I have already spoken to you about this, but will put it in writing. We need some rooms such as International Ration room, where folks from around the globe can chat about their experience with their countries rations. a WHAT MRE DID YOU EAT TODAY? room, where we can discuss what ration we ate that day and what we thought of it. A TIPS AND TRICKS room where we can tell others little tricks of the trade such as how to properly prepare you meal for eating such a breaking up the entree before heating to eat easier, how to properly use the MRE heater, etc. Just a few ideas for some upcoming rooms that would be useful. I am sure I will think of more.
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:23 pm

MRE RECOMMENDATIONS ROOM the inclusion of this forum room would give us the chance to voice our opininon on what the US Government could include in the current MRE. Perhaps a new entree or a new component. We could voice it in here.

BackwoodsPundit

Post by BackwoodsPundit » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:23 pm

How about an OT room?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:42 pm

That's a good idea, BackwoodsPundit. So far, I haven't been too worried about the non-MRE stuff in the General forum. But if traffic picks up, that would be a good one to add.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:46 pm

BackwoodsPundit wrote:How about an OT room?
Sorry you lost me on this one. What does OT stand for?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:49 am

I was thinking "off-topic". Or we could have an entire forum devoted to one our members, OT. :-)

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:38 am

Yes, an "OT" or off-topic room would be greatly appreciated...you know a place for my Cat Stevens thread to reside nicely... :lol:

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:19 pm

Hey Guys,
This may sound crazy, but what about an Instant Messanger (IM) box where we can converse in real time back n forth, like MSN Messanger or YAHOO, instead of the postings and PM's. That could maybe take care of the OT forum? :)

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:15 pm

Hmmm...interesting idea about the real-time chat, Treesuit. I don't recall ever seeing that in a forum before but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'll have to dig around the phpBB site to see if such a critter exists.

Of course, there's always regular IM, too. I know DirtyDave and myself are on AOL Instant Messanger. And heck, DirtyDave even has a TeamSpeak channel set aside for gaming (or regular chatting).

Twobravo

Post by Twobravo » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:25 pm

I get on Teamspeak a lot as well as Ventrillo. I play Battlefield 1942 mods like Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat Final online a lot.