Skewed Page

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Skewed Page

Post by jfko6 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Often when I load a page at least one image is not viewable. It lists the hyperlink but that's it. In other areas of the pages I can't see the new topic icon, some emoticons etc... I cleared my cache, deleted temp files, reinstalled my video card drivers. I use Mozilla Firefox and reinstalled it along with all updates. Reloading the page sometimes helps. Clearing my cache helps but the problem which just started recently always returns. Please advise? I also increase my cache size from 50mb to 300mb. This did not fix the problem either.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:56 pm

Is this just with the forums pages? I haven't really seen this issue myself but I also mostly use Opera and just spot-check pages with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Let me check the logs and see if there are any errors associated with your IP address trying to load pages.

jfko6

Firefox

Post by jfko6 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Firefox's own logs has given warnings back on loading pages. The problem still persists. This is a relatively new problem. Could be from a newer version of firefox.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:06 pm

Ok - I just checked out the access and error logs for today. There wasn't anything for you in the error log and the access log also showed all clean. All the requests for pages or images coming from your browser are getting with an HTTP response code 200 (OK - success) or 304 (Not Modified - meaning it hasn't changed since you cahced it).

So I'm guessing this is more of a local Firefox issue. Can you try to use the forums with IE for a while to see if you have the same image-loading issue?

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:09 pm

As for those Firefox errors, I get a bunch of them, too. You can check those by going to the Tools menu and selecting "Error console". The errors I'm seeing appear to mostly have issue with "Declaration dropped", which I don't think has anything to do with image loading.

jfko6

Loading Page

Post by jfko6 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Yes, I thought about using IE since Firefox's new ver. may be the culprit. It's a minor but annoying problem that prevents me from working properly on your site.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

jfko6

E-Mails

Post by jfko6 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:10 pm

One other thing. Why do I get an e-mail reply to my own messages. I don't need that?
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:17 pm

I ocassionally get an email reply to my own message posting. That shouldn't happen but when it's only once in a while, I just ignore it. If it become more frequent for you and you're sure it's not just because someone is posting a message almost as soon as you post yours (which seems to be happening in this thread), then maybe unsubscribe (click "stop watching this thread") the thread and resubscribe to see if that clears things up.

Also, if you get any funky error logs from Firefox, feel free to post there here so I can see what it's saying.

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:22 am

I use IE and all work fine. Just webmaster is slo'...