new guy

Feedback, comments, and suggestions for the website
wolf762

new guy

Post by wolf762 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:36 am

hey guys i am new to the board but ive read alot of the post the last couple days i have one question does anyone know the exchange rate between us and british currency i want to get 6 cases of 24hr rations btw which british rats are the best

German_EPA
eBay name: advenutre-world-shop

Post by German_EPA » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:52 am

welcome at MRE-info!

if you want a real british ration you go best with A or E. :wink:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MILITARY/OUTDOOR/CAMPING/EMERGENCY-FOOD
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: My shop: http://www.adventure-world.de

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:40 am

Welcome to the forums, wolf762! Here's a helpful online currency converter:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Right now, 1 Pound is going for US $1.98.

Where are you located, btw? If you're so inclined, you can click the "Profile" button above and add your location into your profile and it'll appear under your name on the right side of all your posts.

wolf762

Post by wolf762 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:06 pm

thanks kman for the welcome and the exchange rate i am from columbia south carolina anyone got any ration links

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:43 pm

Welcome to a fellow Carolinian. What kind of links are you looking for? Personally, my favorite ration link is:

http://www.mreinfo.com :-)

but I guess it all depends on what you're searching for.

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Heh, other than what kman said, EBay is going to be your best bet for MRE/ration prices. I'll try to look up the thread that warns you on how not to get ripped off, never tried the search feature before, I've just read every post on this board. :shock:

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm

Okay, here's the one I was thinking of, but I know there's at least one more, this is just ebay asshattery, if you think your purchase meets any of the asshat criteria then keep searching, there are plenty of good deals out there.

viewtopic.php?t=236

asshat asshat asshat.

:wink:

wolf762

Post by wolf762 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:51 pm

well what im looking for is links to different sites that sell rations like brit, american, german and canadian any links really i plan on getting a lot of rations basically for emergencys

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:34 am

wolf762,

Welcome to the forums. BigMark got it right: Ebay is the best bet by far and if you scroll down on their homepage to the other Ebay pages (i.e. Germany, UK, Australia, etc) you can hop on their homepages and just type "ration" in the search bar and it will pull up what kind of rations are for sale in those countries. You might have a bit of a challenge with the Spanish, German, French ones trying to find the word for ration but ask anybody here they can tell you.

That is where I found most of my foreign rations. Also if the sellers have a paypal link for payment that helps. Right now since the dollar is low you might have a bit of a challenge getting some. That and postage is a real nightmare. :x

As far as other links to other countries that sell rations that's a bit of a challenge but sometimes you can strike up a deal here on the forum under Foreign Rations or BUY/SELL/TRADE. You never know what someone has to offer. :wink:

Stef

Post by Stef » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:30 am

Treesuit wrote:You might have a bit of a challenge with the Spanish, German, French ones trying to find the word for ration but ask anybody here they can tell you.
Hi, not in French for sure!
"Ration/rations" will be OK :wink:
In principio erat spamum