Post by norge » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:31 am

whats wrong with my PM shipper :?:
here is what it says:DEBUG MODE

Line : 116
File : smtp.php

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 am

norge, what kind of problem are you having? I just tried to send you a PM and it went through ok. Did you get it? If it's still not working for you, could you please send me a list of the exact steps you're taking to get the error? Thanks!

housil

Post by housil » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:45 am

kman wrote:norge, what kind of problem are you having? I just tried to send you a PM and it went through ok. Did you get it? If it's still not working for you, could you please send me a list of the exact steps you're taking to get the error? Thanks!
I have the "problem", I recive the same PM two or three times. If there is not an echo here... :?

Nawt

Post by Nawt » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:48 am

yep, I was having the same trouble when sending PM. I opened the PM. When replying I used Post reply button and typed my message. when hitting the send button I got the 'debug mode line 116' too. Don't know why. I restarted my computer but all seems normal again.

NAwt.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:34 am

Ok, guys. It looks like this might just be a temporary problem but until I get to the bottom of it, I've made a small change to the config of the forums to stop the error.

Unfortunately, side effect of the change might be that you no longer receive email notifications of thread updates and/or PMs. I'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible.

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:55 pm

There is a similar problem at another Forum I visit, I wonder if there's a virus or something ?
Very annoying !
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

olli

Post by olli » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:07 pm

dont think its a virus, it just means there is an error in smtp.php file line 116, but i wonder how this comes, because it worked before...

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Ok, I think my webhosting provider has things worked out. According to them, they had an issue with a DNS caching server today and that probably caused the issue we were seeing.

For those interested, here are the nitpicky technical details:

Whenever you post a message or send a PM, part of the process on the server's side it to send out email notifications (via SMTP) to everyone who is subscribed to a particular thread or to the individual receiving the PM. What was going on was that the forums were configured to use the main mreinfo.com mail server and because the DNS caching engines were having problems, either those connections weren't going through or else they were taking a long time to go through - and that's what caused the php script to crap out.

I've put eveything back to the way it was originally so if anyone else runs into a problem, please email/pm/post right away. Thanks!

C-rats

Post by C-rats » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:40 am

Whew! And here all along I thought it was Bush's fault..... :roll:

`rats
Everything tastes better with Tabasco