MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

MRE and other ration news
elandil

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup

Post by elandil » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:39 pm

I'm out. :evil:

Found out today that while I was out on leave all my time off requests reset in the system, and now I'm being told I don't have the necessary time built up to take the days off. Which screwed my requests I had in for my Anniversary (next weekend) the Symposium, and possibly even the Annual family hunting trip in December. So, unless something changes i'm out of this one. :(

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:44 pm

elandil wrote:I'm out. :evil:

Found out today that while I was out on leave all my time off requests reset in the system, and now I'm being told I don't have the necessary time built up to take the days off. Which screwed my requests I had in for my Anniversary (next weekend) the Symposium, and possibly even the Annual family hunting trip in December. So, unless something changes i'm out of this one. :(
You will be missed brother. Was really looking forward to having you there.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:42 pm

gschultz9 wrote:Hey, if I was able to make it to the symposium I'd actually like to try out the Omelet with Ham! Well, as long as this case was stored VERY well over the past couple decades.
I heard back from the guy who sent me the case...he says the MREs *might* have spent the first couple of years of their life in Panama but after that they've been stored the entire time in a closet in his house in the US.

So outside of the holy grail of 20+ years of refrigerated storage, I'd say it doesn't get much better than that.

Dekard

Post by Dekard » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:50 am

can't wait to check this out!

here's the hotel list provided by King's Dominion - http://virginiavisitor.info/Richmond/ki ... ion-hotels.

there's also airbnb if you're not staying at the campground and are looking for non-hotel type accommodations.

for those wanting to stay in Richmond, the event site is about 24 minutes north of the city on I-95.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:43 am

Great info Dekard. Thanks brother!
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Newest update guys. I will have over 600 rations at Doswell for trade and for sale. The LARGEST assortment of International Rations ever seen in the US at one time.

So bring your trade items!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:03 pm

Holy Moly, BlackDogBob...with that many rations, how can any of us possibly have something to trade that you don't already have?! :-)

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:54 pm

First off, Elandil - I am really sorry to hear it's a high chance it's a no-go for you. :( Really was looking forward to meeting you, man. You will certainly be missed out there man.

On a brighter note, what you are saying there, Bob.. sounds mesmerizing. I am going to bring out what I can for trade.. but I ditto Kman - what could you possibly not have already!? :lol: 8)

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:40 am

steve1989 wrote:First off, Elandil - I am really sorry to hear it's a high chance it's a no-go for you. :( Really was looking forward to meeting you, man. You will certainly be missed out there man.

On a brighter note, what you are saying there, Bob.. sounds mesmerizing. I am going to bring out what I can for trade.. but I ditto Kman - what could you possibly not have already!? :lol: 8)
Well, I am looking for more of those awesome Danish rations. I did a review on one at Yellowstone Park week before last. I really need to get it edited and uploaded. I really enjoyed that ration. In fact, it's probably in my top 3 favorite. Also looking for anything unusual that hasn't been reviewed yet or has only been reviewed once or twice. Also looking for one of those freeze dried French patrol rations. Those look amazing. And trying to get my hands on some Middle East rations. I know that most of those countries now use either US, Russian, or HDRs. But they have had their own in the past. Gundog is looking for one and with all the awesome stuff he has sent me, I want to get him one.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:43 am

steve1989 wrote:First off, Elandil - I am really sorry to hear it's a high chance it's a no-go for you. :( Really was looking forward to meeting you, man. You will certainly be missed out there man.

I am just looking to trade mostly. Give those in the community that come to the MRE meetup some cool rations. Really just love to trade. I am really excited about the upcoming meetup. Besides, I want to duplicate and enhance the ration buffet we had in Billings. That was an incredible night!