MREInfo iPhone App

MRE and other ration news
kman
Site Admin

Re: MREInfo iPhone App

Post by kman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Sorry - no Android version on the immediate horizon. Even the iPhone version needs updating (and expansion to cover the iPad) so I supposed when I find a service that can help with that (and the funding!), I'll make sure they can add an Android version, too.

rattattoo

Post by rattattoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

What happened to the app?
It does not show up in the iTunes Store now.
Tried a search, too... got zip

Failsafe77

Post by Failsafe77 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:46 pm

:( Cant find it either! Bummer, I was so excited for this!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Here's what I think happened with the app...

I used a service called "AppMakr" to develop the app for a pretty affordable price. They helped create the app and posted it to the App Store under their Apple Developer account. Then awhile ago, AppMakr got purchased by another company and they changed their business model and stopped the app hosting business...at least for apps like mine. As a result, the MREInfo app got pulled from the app store. As long as you had previously purchased and downloaded it, you can still get it, but new users don't have that choice.

I'm still looking for a replacement service but I'm not there yet.

Unimproved
eBay name: unimproved

Post by Unimproved » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 pm

The App Store simply makes it impossible to have a free app because of the $100/year cost.

I'll look into an Android app if I've got some spare time.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:05 pm

If you want to look into an Android app, the backend of the iPhone app was just RSS feeds so it should be easy enough to adapt to any platform. PM me if you want any more detail!

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Fri May 19, 2017 5:29 pm

kman - Will be out of town all next week... traveling light (no laptop)... will download the iPhone app to keep in touch... Thanks!

mahalo

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri May 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think you can download the iPhone app anymore - the company that was hosting it shut down and removed all it's apps from the store. We're looking into a replacement but there's no ETA right now. :-(

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Post by alohakid » Sat May 20, 2017 12:31 pm

kman wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think you can download the iPhone app anymore - the company that was hosting it shut down and removed all it's apps from the store. We're looking into a replacement but there's no ETA right now. :-(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thanks for the info... will bring laptop after all... keep us posted on updated app... keep up the great work!

mahalo

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:46 am

I know this is an old posting, but I'll add my two cents anyway. The mreinfo website displays perfectly fine on mobile. I'd say an app isn't really necessary as the ROI just wouldn't be there. The only concern that comes to mind would be browsing the forum. It doesn't appear the default theme is really designed for mobile devices but I'm sure there are some phpBB themes that would render well on phones/tablets.