Rest in peace to Igor Vovkovinskiy, aka JediMindTricks

MRE and other ration news
michel2827
eBay name: onkelcarsten

Re: Rest in peace to Igor Vovkovinskiy, aka JediMindTricks

Post by michel2827 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:17 pm

Rest in peace brother. A great guy has left the theatre of life. His comments were always so full of enthusiasm.
Tried lots of foreign rations from Europe and Northern America. Want to try Asian and South American rations

koerky75

Post by koerky75 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:33 pm

RIP i talked a few times with him. Awsome guy. He will be missed🙏🙏🙏

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:44 pm

A great guy, he will be truly missed.

Ever since I first asked him if his SN was the rap group, that I listened to in college, or a Star Wars reference... it was the rap group... we made an instant "virtual" friendship.

I might as well share a funny story from a couple years back. I sent Igor a care package and he did a YT unboxing video of it. A day or 2 later he sent me a PM saying that he was sorry that he wouldn't be doing a video review of any of the rations, because he got hungry and had already eaten all of them. I think there were 4 or 5 rations in the box.

I still love how shocked he honesly was when he said "wait, what, you can send ice cream in the mail?". He had never seen freeze-dried :D

RIP Brother

bart

Post by bart » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Such sad sad news :(

Really nice guy. Rest in peace Igor Vovkovinskiy, Слава Україні!

safariman1
eBay name: williamarthur-69

Post by safariman1 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:48 am

Thanks for posting this memorial to Igor. I met him via these MRE sites and Facebook. As he and I both live in Minnesota, I visited him this past June. I was just going to call him again and catch up, when another fellow collector posted his passing on FB. Never wait to see your friends!

When I met him he was in a scooter chair as his diabetes really took a toll on his feet. One of the kindest and most interesting guys you've ever met. I had no idea "who" he was. Too modest to talk about the celebrity stuff he did. ( Just google him to find out). We talked about world affairs, the Ukraine his home country, family and of course all military rations. What I never knew about his was that for about 10 years he had been raising money and what little he had himself, to donate food, clothing, shoes, rations etc to soldiers in the Ukraine. He had signed flags from Ukrainian military units thanking him. Even received Ukrainian military medals for the philanthropy he did. He visited Ukraine a few years ago, when his health was better and had amazing photos. This dude was interesting. We could have talked all day.

I had to meet his family so I went to his funeral this past week in Rochester, MN. He was survived by his mother and his brother and his family.
Just shows the power of groups like ours to connect us. Share our unique interests with people we'd probably never meet otherwise. Sharing, buying, selling, talking rations and the people involved has expanded my perspective.
I will miss my new friend and cherish even more my current and new ones. RIP Igor. You will be missed by all.
Safariman1 ( aka, Ted)

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:16 am

RIP
IGOR
AKA
THE RUGGED CHILD
AKA
JEDI
MIND
TRICKS

Tedster

Rest in peace JediMindTricks

Post by Tedster » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:47 am

Wow, small world I guess (though I'd hate to have to mow it). I didn't know he was "that guy".

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:53 pm

R.I.P. Igor, that message hit me suddenly in Polish media-I just saw a known face on the front page, but the caption of this photo was tragic. I chatted with a couple of times and sent him some rations and original Ukrainian borstch. Very nice and unusual guy with a tragedy hidden behind this smiling face. I will miss him.
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Gone way too soon, he added a rich aura of life and personality into this community and will be missed.

It feels like everyone here that's a fixture and one such as Igor, will be around forever. We last talked in May.. woulda never guessed he would be gone just a few months later.

Grateful he was around for the time we were lucky enough to have him here on the forums and the MRE community as a whole. What a guy! Goodbye, Igor. Rest in peace, dude.

jlfletc777

Post by jlfletc777 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:21 am

Man, that is sad and shocking! I was just messaging with him on Aug 12, eight days before he passed. He had purchased some Ration Grab Boxes from me. He was a ration enthusiast till the end!
We'll miss you bro!

James