MRE Meet Up 2019 August 17th!

MRE and other ration news
BlackDogBob

Re: MRE Meet Up 2019 August 17th!

Post by BlackDogBob » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:15 am

Had an absolutely WONDERFUL time this weekend with everyone who was able to attend! What a great community we have!

Spoke with my business partner Glenn about doing this again, SOON! He loves the idea. Currently looking at March. Just an FYI.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

Saj1992

Post by Saj1992 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Can someone recap what went on? Sad to miss it this time. Maybe sometime in the future!

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:24 pm

I'm sure a lot of us are still traveling to get back home (I only just returned a few hours ago...9 hour drive!)...but I'll start a MRE Meet Up 2019 Photos thread right now for everyone to post their photos from the event.

So if you were at the Meet Up and want to post your pictures...DON'T post them here...

Post them in this thread.

Narutakikun

Post by Narutakikun » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:13 pm

Finally made it home after a five-hour drive to Tennessee. A great time was had by all.

To Bob: I'm sorry I didn't end up stopping by today, but I got wrapped up in conversations with a couple of the folks still at the hotel, and by the time I noticed how long I'd been talking, it was already past noon. Anyhow, you were a great host, and very generous with all of us. Thank you so much. Oh, and please tell Bob, Sr. that I really enjoyed hearing his Vietnam stories, and tell Glenn that I enjoyed hearing his airline stories.

Same with Rocky Raab, whose book I'll be buying tomorrow morning after I get recombobulated.

To Steve and Jamie, it was especially great meeting you guys after following your channels for so long.

For everyone I met for the first time, it was a great pleasure. I'll be tuning in to many new channels I didn't know much about before.

Thanks for a great weekend, everyone!

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Just a note: Somewhere during the trip, I picked up an "airport bug" and am now ill with cold/flu. I suspect it came aboard on Friday, because I started feeling symptoms during the flights home Sunday.

So if any of you come down with a bug today, I'm to blame. My sincerest apologies, believe me. Good thing I didn't kiss anybody, huh? LOL!

Not because I'm promoting them, but to answer the usual queries, you can get my books (print or ebook) at a deep discount directly from the publisher. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/rraab To read a preview, click on More Detail and then right under the cover picture, click Preview.

Start with Baggy Zero Four
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

safariman1
eBay name: williamarthur-69

Post by safariman1 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Black Dog Bob. Been chatting with a few others and everyone is interested in another Meet Up. I was not around for the last one in 2019. Any interest? I've planned events before and asisted etc. Avid MRE trader. Would love to do another Meet up. Happy to help. Mesage me for more contatct info. Ted/Safariman1