No food, no battle - Switzerland

Any videos that don't fit into the above categories
CRO CSO

No food, no battle - Switzerland

Post by CRO CSO » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:28 pm

Swiss military food is amongst the best military food in the world they say.....

housil

Re: No food, no battle - Switzerland

Post by housil » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:49 am

Did you know Switzerland does indeed not have rations?

CRO CSO

Post by CRO CSO » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:00 pm

I asume that they dont have..i didnt here ever something about their Mre but i didnt know that they eat allways fresh food.... but what eat guys who are few days on a patrol!?? hope they dont bring them food with the chopper :lol: :lol:... i dont know... they never ever experience war so i dont know how will that works when real things starts....

housil

Post by housil » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:50 pm

I know I posted once the Swiss regulation how much food the quatermaster has to buy for his soldiers once they are in the fields. Also I posted once a video about their kitchens

All I have is their chocolate
Swiss Chocolate2.jpg
Here is their officially HP about their food:
http://www.lba.admin.ch/internet/lba/de ... viant.html

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:15 pm

I had that chocolate it's awesome. Also I had their crackers that where in silver package with swiss cross on it (I can't remember details. edit: found the pic with google help: http://media7.news.ch/news/680/365147-2 ... 066498.jpg // http://www.festung.ch/typo3temp/pics/955159f7ee.jpg) and a small chocolate... since it was years ago I found only this one picture I have
DSC00428.jpg
PS
I'm selling this uniform from the picture if anyone is interested :P

PPS

This guy on the video "we will get fresh food to the frontline"...LOL... He obviously never seen an frontline, it's not a meadow just outside the town where friendly farmers that live there smile and wave at you when you pass by.

housil

Post by housil » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:09 am

Asger wrote:I He obviously never seen an frontline,
Not only him but the Swiss Army never saw a frontline :wink:

Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Post by Delicious » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:39 pm

It doesn't look bad - 3 fresh meal and snacks/desserts in the meantime. But - if the army morale is hangin' on it.... ;)
BTW - the Swiss German is a disaster ... :shock:
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

rabidwolf

Post by rabidwolf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:15 pm

I always liked this quote from the Swiss:

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: “You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?” The soldier replied: “Shoot twice and go home.”

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:35 pm

They say a dumb question deserves a dumb answer.

What's interesting is their attitude throught 2nd ww
Nazi Germany repeatedly violated Swiss airspace. During the Invasion of France, German aircraft violated Swiss airspace at least 197 times.[13] In several air incidents, the Swiss shot down 11 Luftwaffe planes between May 10, 1940 and June 17, 1940.[13] Germany protested diplomatically on June 5, 1940, and with a second note on June 19, 1940 which contained clear threats. Hitler was especially furious when he saw that German equipment was used to shoot down German pilots. He said they would respond "in another manner".[13] On June 20, 1940, the Swiss air force was ordered to stop intercepting planes violating Swiss airspace. Swiss fighters began instead to force intruding aircraft to land at Swiss airfields. Anti-aircraft units still operated. Later, Hitler and Hermann Göring sent saboteurs to destroy Swiss airfields. However, the sabotage team was captured by the Swiss army before it could cause any damage.[14] Skirmishes between German and Swiss troops took place in the northern border of Switzerland throughout the war.

Allied Bombings and Violations[edit]
See also: Bombings of Switzerland in World War II
From 1943 Switzerland stopped American and British aircraft, mainly bombers, overflying Switzerland during World War II: six by Swiss air force fighters and nine by flak cannons, and 36 airmen were killed. On October 1, 1943 the first American bomber was shot near Bad Ragaz: Only three men survived. The officers were interned in Davos, and the airmen in Adelboden. The representative of the US military intelligence in Bern, US military attaché Barnwell Legge, instructed the soldiers not to flee, but the majority of the soldiers thought it was a diplomatic joke.[15][16][17] Allied aircraft also intruded on Swiss airspace during the war, mostly Allied bombers returning from raids over Italy and Germany that had been damaged and whose crews preferred internment by the Swiss to becoming prisoners of war. Over a hundred Allied aircraft and their crews were interned. They were subsequently put up in various ski resorts that had been emptied from lack of tourists due to the war and held until it ended.[18] At least 940 American airmen attempted to escape into France after the invasion of Normandy, but Swiss authorities intercepted 183 internees. Over 160 of these airmen were incarcerated in a prison camp called Wauwilermoos, which was located near Lucerne and commanded by André Béguin, a pro-Nazi Swiss officer.
German plan of invasion that never happened https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tannenbaum

Air fights http://aces.safarikovi.org/victories/sw ... d-ww2.html

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:57 am

Doesn't Switzerland have tonnes of food stored in their mountain bunkers along with munitions and pocket knives? :wink:
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!