Tron Legacy

Any videos that don't fit into the above categories
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Tron Legacy

Post by jfko6 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:02 pm

When I came across the trailer for the upcoming sequel to Tron I decided to do a blog write up on it.
You can read and see the links for the trailer here: Tron Legacy
newtronlogo.jpg
Tron Legacy
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

Big Galloot

Re: Tron Legacy

Post by Big Galloot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah, it's kind of sad that Hollywood has totally run out of new ideas for movies.

Personally, I thought that they absolutely hit the rock bottom of the barrel when they remade The Day the Earth Stood Still and then Land of the Lost. Keanu Reeves as Klatuu? Whooooo!

But now I hear that they are remaking Creature From the Black Lagoon, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Logan's Run, The Thing (again!), Westworld, Dune, Conan the Barbarian, Escape from NY, Flash Gordon, Forbidden Planet, The Incredible Shrinking Man, Judge Dredd, Robocop, Short Circuit, Total Recall, When Worlds Collide, The Man With the X-Ray Eyes, Men in Black, Ghostbusters, Superman, Red Sonya, Barbarella, and Clash of the Titans!!!!!!!!! (source: http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/upcoming.html)

The problem with good science fiction is that it is normally filled with new ideas. Hollywood isn't into ideas, particularly new ones.
You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:39 am

Didn't know you were so up on movies. Saw the upcoming Logan's run remake which will be directed by Joseph Kosinski director of Tron Legacy .

Note: The Buck Rogers in the 25th century and Battlestar Galactica pilots of the late 70's were made for TV. It was decided to release them
on the big screen to garner interest for the upcoming series. They were only in theaters for a short time.

For more information on Buck Rogers starring Gil Gerard and Erin Gray: Buck Rogers on MREInfo

The Thing? That does not surprise.

Recall putting the Conan remake somehwere up on the forums. The Arnold Fans is place you can get updated information on the upcoming Conan movie.
conan_teaser_poster2.jpg
Conan
Sly, Willis and Schwarzenegger will appear in the upcoming movie: The Expendables directed by Stallone.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

Cracker
eBay name: tedtielemans

Post by Cracker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 am

Hollywood ran out of ideas.. just about everything gets an remake these days.. :(

I know numerous books that are worth filming.. (warbooks.. ) and films based on good books turn out great most of the time.. (Band of Brothers, Das Boot, Lord of the Rings, De Tweeling (The Twins, dutch film, german and dutch spoken.. good film)
I'd also like to see the "german" version of HBO's band of brothers..

The last few years "the german side of the story" isn't a taboo story anymore.. (Der Untergang, Napola, and the older Das Boot etc)

On of the best scenes of BoB is in the end, with the german general's speech.. They could "work back" from there off.. but i suppose it's never going to happen..
Sure, someone may one day kill me with my own gun.
But they'll have to beat me to death with it because it's empty.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Big Galloot

Post by Big Galloot » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:05 am

jfko6 wrote:Didn't know you were so up on movies.

Note: The Buck Rogers in the 25th century and Battlestar Galactica pilots of the late 70's were made for TV. It was decided to release them
on the big screen to garner interest for the upcoming series. They were only in theaters for a short time.
Actually, I specifically didn't mention the Battlestar Galactica movie because I consider it a knockoff of a TV show and therefore an even more desperate act than remaking old movies. Buck Rogers is different though, the first Buck Rogers movie Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: An Interplanetary Battle with the Tiger Men of Mars came out in 1933. The TV show was a knockoff of the serial.

At any rate, I make no claim to being knowledgeable about movies. I was just perusing the SciFiMoviePage website looking at a list of movies they were making and I noticed that there was a plethora of remakes in the works. I did not even try to list the sequels, like Spiderman XIV where Spiderman attempts to rescue Maryjane from an abusive nursing home, but breaks his hip. I just hope that Avatar is as good as Cameron hopes, it might encourage Hollywood to take on a little more risk.

You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 am

We'll that's the whole thing isn't it. If you go and see a lot of movies the plots are generally the same. That's why video games are making so much money.
You can determine the ending.

MOH
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

Stef

Post by Stef » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 am

the last MOH clip could be called "how to quickly meet your Creator in 10 lessons" :lol:
In principio erat spamum

Cracker
eBay name: tedtielemans

Post by Cracker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:32 am

jfko6 wrote:That's why video games are making so much money.
You can determine the ending.
Hell yes you can :D

You can even make a movie with it :mrgreen:
Sure, someone may one day kill me with my own gun.
But they'll have to beat me to death with it because it's empty.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.