why i drive a suburban...

Any videos that don't fit into the above categories
Dekard

why i drive a suburban...

Post by Dekard » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:26 am

housil

Re: why i drive a suburban...

Post by housil » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:56 am

German video of ~1975 to demonstrade how dangerous a traffic jam could be if a tired truck driver approaches.

Also see "Tod im Nebel" (Death in fog), the most horrible car mass crash with 200 cars(!) on a German Interstate in 1990, cause by a truck...

Part 1

Part 2

I had to respond a couple of years ago to a crashed US Army Convoy while heavy snow on our Interstate.

If a truck crashes in your car with 80km/h with a weight of 40 tons, you will die. If in a Volkswagen Rabbit or in a Suburban.
I see it "every day".

But that´s why I bought me a SUV (BMW X3) also. Maybe I will survive where others died for sure...

Garron
eBay name: Bigg1989

Re: why i drive a suburban...

Post by Garron » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 pm

I drive a 1998 Ford KA*... Small tiny little midget of a car 1.3 litre engine and an Euro NCAP rating of about 2.5 stars.... most modern cars had 4-5 stars. :| Around where I live a SUV is pretty impratical as the roads are narrow and often lots of cars parked either side so its tight in my car let alone an SUV.
I did see a Hummer (Civilian type) around near me. Its as wide as a bus and drinks more petrol so not good in the UK with our prices on Gas (Eventhough they have droped nearly 40p a Litre now... 89p from £1.39)

Gaz