Any videos that don't fit into the above categories
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

I am Legend

Post by jfko6 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:20 pm

Saw I am Legend with Will Smith

http://iamlegend.warnerbros.com/

Can report that Lt. Col. Neville has stored plenty of rations
for his survival situation. And turned his pad into a survival bunker.

The Colonel is armed and has his trusty canine Shepard. Does he
survive?

Some gratuitous cliches. Otherwise, recommended.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, jfko6. That movie is on the top of my must-see list and I'll probably check it out next weekend.

I just saw "No Country for Old Men" last weekend. Great movie. Still trying to figure it out, but all in all, it was well worth seeing.

bishopmarine

Post by bishopmarine » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:48 pm

cant wait to see i am legend. me and the wife are going to see it this weekend. hopefully in imax.
"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:34 pm

Ive seen this film, and apart from the CGI i can honestly say its a bit of a let down, each to their own though.

Find a decent review here www.mojitomovies.wordpress.com

bl00k
eBay name: bl00k

Post by bl00k » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:55 am

I also saw it yesterday. It was okay, in my opinion. Funny, scary and intense at times. But i usually enjoy these types of movies a little less. The opening scene with the red car (which you see in the trailer) was pretty cool. :P

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:52 pm

I have'nt seen it yet, but I did watch an old "Omega Man" VHS in the Holiday Inn Express last night. 8) Heston is great, even when he's nuts, in this flick. Soylent Green is on sale at Wal*Mart. Merry March 1975, Everybody(and Christmas too!).

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Also for those that havnt seen it yet...the alternate ending is availible for download at www.mojitomovies.wordpress.com

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:34 pm

I just saw that alternate ending a couple of nights ago. I won't spoil anything for anyone, but you can kind of guess that the alternate ending is pretty much the opposite of what happens in the real ending.

Personally, I didn't like the alternate ending...didn't make a whole lot of sense.

BigMark

Post by BigMark » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:30 pm

Psh. Lt. Col. Neville? WTF? Certainly not in the book. I haven't seen the movie but someone bought me the book for xmas. It was pretty decent, nothing really all that great honestly. It's really more of a long short story, there are several other short stories behind it in the book, so you think you're in for a long read, and it freaking ends and the next what appears to be chapter is a short story.. I kept waiting for it to get back to what was happening.. no such luck. He didn't eat MREs in the book, no point as he could have all the canned food he wanted. It's funny seeing what someone from the 50's thought ~20 years later would be like. I have some questions, but I'll not ask them as they'd make watching it a tiny bit less fun I guess.. but still, I hope the movie is good, not that great a book. Ending was so lame. So lame.

SaTrinxa

Post by SaTrinxa » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 pm

I agree BigMark, book did nothing for me and will wait for the dvd to come out.