The Longest Day - Priller Pips

Military-related videos
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

The Longest Day - Priller Pips

Post by jfko6 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:46 pm

The Longest Day (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)

The Longest Day is a 1962 war film based on the 1959 history book The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan, about D-Day, the Normandy landings on 6 June 1944, during World War II. Wikipedia

Priller pips strafes the beach at Normandy, D-Day, June 6, 1944.
Last edited by jfko6 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

Norton

Re: The Longest Day - Priller Pips

Post by Norton » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm

This clip spoke to me. I am sure when this film was released in 1960. Most WW 2 vets from all nations Axis and Allies would have still been young men. I feel confident whether an English RAF flyer, Red AF or Japanese IJAF pilot saw this in 1960. They would understand exactly what this particular part of the film meant. Fast Forward to 1991 Iraq Air Force pilot is told The Americans, British, French, Canadians, Syrians, Saudis have jets on the way.. Get in your MIG do something. Do What? Do as you are told.. Just do something! We know best We are back here in HQ , We have the MAP. Now you do what we say.

Understand I do not say this with disrespect.
Rather total respect.

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Post by Amelieee1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:07 pm

Norton wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:03 pm
This clip spoke to me. I am sure when this film was released in 1960. Most WW 2 vets from all nations Axis and Allies would have still been young men. I feel confident whether an English RAF flyer, Red AF or Japanese IJAF pilot saw this in 1960. They would understand exactly what this particular part of the film meant. Fast Forward to 1991 Iraq Air Force pilot is told The Americans, British, French, Canadians, Syrians, Saudis have jets on the way.. Get in your MIG do something. Do What? Do as you are told.. Just do something! We know best We are back here in HQ , We have the MAP. Now you do what we say.

Understand I do not say this with disrespect.
Rather total respect.
Didnt the Iraqis bury their MIGs in the sand?
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Norton hasn’t been active for a long time. May have reinserted a slightly different clip since YOU TUBE deleted the original.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire