The Outpost

Military-related videos
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

The Outpost

Post by jfko6 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 pm

The Outpost is a 2020 American war film directed by Rod Lurie, based on the 2012 non-fiction book The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor by Jake Tapper, about the Battle of Kamdesh in the war in Afghanistan. It stars Scott Eastwood, Caleb Landry Jones, Orlando Bloom, Jack Kesy, Cory Hardrict, Milo Gibson, Jacob Scipio, Will Attenborough and Taylor John Smith.

Available on Amazon Prime video and DVD
https://amzn.to/2NC0xLj
https://amzn.to/2NUTayB
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Re: The Outpost

Post by wats6831 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Fun fact: I provided the MREs to Millenium Films for this project.

The inside story was that the main character always fed the dog Pork Rib MRE, and his favorite was Cheese Tortellini.

So they needed 22 MREs, 11 x Pork Rib and 11 x Cheese Tortellini as fresh as possible as the original plan was to have Orlando Bloom actually eat the MREs.

Which was a challenge and I advised not to do it as these menus are no longer in production.

Last thing we want to do is make a star sick so I believe that plan was scrapped or edited out in the final cut.

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Re: The Outpost

Post by jfko6 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm

Enjoyed reading your post. That was a good job.

Than I’ll share I was responsible for the DVD cover of the 1956 West Point Story that many soldiers wish was never cancelled in retrospect. If it wasn’t for work that I did, the cover wouldn’t exist in the format it was published in.

Fun fact: Scott Eastwood, son of Clint Eastwood appeared in The Outpost film; Clint Eastwood, Scott’s father appeared in The West Point Story in either 1956 or 1957. Clint’s son looks and sounds just like him — amazing.

Here’s the clip I previously posted of Clint Eastwood in The West Point Story viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6980&sid=bcde8ff10 ... 2c6d04cbda

Last bumped by jfko6 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:46 pm.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire