The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

Amelieee1
eBay name: Amelieee1

Re: Find your why

Post by Amelieee1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:24 pm

Something tells me your trying to get people to join the army.....

You want us to wholesale you some MREs of the back of a truck dont you : p
Check out my ORP menu spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/2NqUFRX | I have: | British 24HR Box Rations | French RCIRs | Type I EPA |Danish Rations

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm

I’ll take that as a “Huge” compliment. Thanks!

They call them deuce and a half trucks (2 and half ton truck).

Some others have said something similar. At that time, some others I didn’t feel said it with the best intentions (I could be wrong) though.

And some others have expressed immense gratitude here in the boards privately. I don’t know what moved them.

Appreciate your comment which let me express for the first time that some members did express gratitude and let me know, but won’t say what they did so I don’t sound selfish.

JFK
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

Jim_M1988
eBay name: Jim_M1988

Post by Jim_M1988 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:31 pm

jfko6 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm
I’ll take that as a “Huge” compliment. Thanks!

They call them deuce and a half trucks (2 and half ton truck).

Some others have said something similar. At that time, some others I didn’t feel said it with the best intentions (I could be wrong) though.

And some others have expressed immense gratitude here in the boards privately. I don’t know what moved them.

Appreciate your comment which let me express for the first time that some members did express gratitude and let me know, but won’t say what they did so I don’t sound selfish.

JFK
Deuce quite literally means two (2). It could mean "Peace", as in holding up 2 fingers in the peace sign, usually as in "Peace out, man." ... However, there are other uses of the term that have very little to do with peace, such as "I'm going to go drop a deuce." That would mean using the toilet for a bowel movement.

I feel than defining a statement of "truck" as specifically a "2.5 ton truck" could be received as jumping to conclusions, or were insinuating that Koreyyy1 was in fact a number 2?

jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Post by jfko6 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Logic would not dictate that. I had to sit long hours in logic.

We ask what the premise is? There aren’t any.

My comment, as a response, simply told a story and it was also part banter. As in 2.5 ton truck. As I described what it meant (as it pertained to the Army), if that wasn’t clear; nothing can be added to or insinuated by it. A dictionary is very important as to what words mean and how they are used.

As for the word Peace, I prefer the Latin word PAX as Latin is the first and foremast language.

A simple google search yielded the precise definition of a 2.5 ton truck. Very simply here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M35_ser ... argo_truck

Am not sure how you derived your conclusions. Other definitions don’t hold water to your comment.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country