“True Lies” — Harrier Jump Jets

Military-related videos
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

“True Lies” — Harrier Jump Jets

Post by jfko6 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 pm

True Lies is a 1994 American action comedy film written and directed by James Cameron. It was executive produced by Lawrence Kasanoff and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Arnold, Art Malik, Tia Carrere, Bill Paxton, Eliza Dushku, Grant Heslov and Charlton Heston. It is based on the 1991 French comedy film La Totale![4] The film follows U.S. government agent Harry Tasker (Schwarzenegger), who struggles to balance his life as a spy with his familial duties.

True Lies was the first Lightstorm Entertainment project to be distributed under Cameron's multimillion-dollar production deal with 20th Century Fox, as well as the first major production for the visual effects company Digital Domain, which was co-founded by Cameron.

For her performance, Curtis won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and the Saturn Award for Best Actress, while Cameron won the Saturn Award for Best Director. The film ultimately grossed $378 million worldwide at the box-office and was also nominated at the Academy Awards and BAFTAs in the Best Visual Effects category, and also for seven Saturn Awards.
Source: Wikipedia
Accessed: 08.01.20 (Bingo)

Last edited by jfko6 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

ViperGTS

Re: “True Lies” — Harrier Jump Jets

Post by ViperGTS » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:40 pm

While the harrier is one hell of a good machine (Thanks UK) not all of James Cameron is equally good, but i just made Titanic awesome

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 am

For some reason True Lies didn’t resonate with a lot of fans and fell into an “other” category of Cameron’s films. Titanic was an excellent film of course.

Funny true story. Had a conversation today (I’m serious) about the size of Arnie’s chest. He indicated at one time, in the early days, it would cause respiratory sluggishness due to its weight. In other words, he couldn’t breath right when sleeping. Once he trimmed down from competition weight, his breathing returned to normal.

Funny photo above. And below...

This Hercules type statue I photographed at a nearby gym of Arnold.
B2A7C6C9-5EB0-420E-91FE-199F808C117C.jpeg
7 time Mr. Olympia, Arnold Schwarzenegger
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 pm

jfko6 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 am
For some reason True Lies didn’t resonate with a lot of fans and fell into an “other” category of Cameron’s films. Titanic was an excellent film of course.

Funny true story. Had a conversation today (I’m serious) about the size of Arnie’s chest. He indicated at one time, in the early days, it would cause respiratory sluggishness due to its weight. In other words, he couldn’t breath right when sleeping. Once he trimmed down from competition weight, his breathing returned to normal.

Funny photo above. And below...

This Hercules type statue I photographed at a nearby gym of Arnold.B2A7C6C9-5EB0-420E-91FE-199F808C117C.jpeg
I have one friend that is a competition body builder, and it appears to be insanity to me. The Starving yourself and diuretics routine before a show is nuts.

The cinematics of Titanic was great, but the story was rough.

Let's see if that bazillionaire gets Titanic 2 built, its way behind schedule.

jfko6

Post by jfko6 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:10 pm

I am aware of bodybuilding as a subject that am familiar with. Even dated a former female bodybuilder by fate. And gave a classes on AS, some on Arnold, as an athlete, and some on Arnold, as Governor.

Even did business with Doctor Franco Columbu, Arnold’s bodybuilding partner, best man, and best friend before he passed away. Franco even mailed me a bunch of his books on training, signed. Still have some of them.

Diuretics in the sport of bodybuilding yes, as you can imagine, is risky as you probably guessed. Sometimes the drug goes through the body causing it to tighten. It’s not uncommon for bodybuilders to collapse on stage. It’s treatable and hospitals are aware of it when the athletes perform on stage.

The books are the benefit of having knowledge at the right time and the right place.

As Tai Lopez would say,

You know what I like more than materialistic things, knowledge!
Attachments
image.jpg
Franco the Sardinian bodybuilder
image.jpg
Autograph sent by Franco with book!
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country

ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:24 am

There was a female bodybuilder in my office, but I didnt really know her. She looked different everyday since her weight constantly changed.

The only signed books I have are from children book authors :? While i did live in a house that Mark Twain was known to visit, he didn't leave me anything good, but the attic was full of some pretty awesome old books. Home was built in the late 1800s, no 1st edition Moby Dick was found though

Dekard

Post by Dekard » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:36 pm

I have one friend that is a competition body builder, and it appears to be insanity to me. The Starving yourself and diuretics routine before a show is nuts...
Someone go tell that to Erin Stern ; p
71d726116529f3d32e2c7111eb7cb665.jpg
https://erinstern.com/

strike that, reverse it. i'll go tell her for you :D

if i don't return, don't come looking for me. i'll be taking several for the team :wink:

jfko6

Schwarzenegger ‘no baby food’

Post by jfko6 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 pm

We had one user inquire about MRE’s and gym workouts. And Arnold pump up the folks at Motor Trend

The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country