First Official review! First strike ration menu 7

Videos related to any rations
BigJoesReviews

First Official review! First strike ration menu 7

Post by BigJoesReviews » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks to a very helpful subscriber, I found a video editor appropriate to my skill level. so i was finally able to edit my raw footage. So after about 45 minutes of editing, 3 hours of rendering, and 12 hours of youtube processing the video, only to find it was listed as a private video... sigh. Yes, after all that...

I am VERY happy to announce my first official ration review video on my dedicated review channel, Big Smokey Ration Reviews!

Heres the video! I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for everyone that shared advice with me, and helped me get this video happen!

A special thanks to Steve1989 and Gundog4314 for inspiring me to make videos.
and a VERY special thanks to Kaylynn Strain for recommending the video editor that made this video possible!

Now I know that this was a very long video. I tend to ramble. Any suggestions on how to make future videos shorter would be greatly helpful.

EDIT: I finally figured out the problem I was having uploading. I had set the video to private somehow. But it should be perfectly viewable now.
Last edited by BigJoesReviews on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

carlosflar

Re: First Official review! First strike ration menu 7

Post by carlosflar » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:32 pm

what video editor did you use? i use premiere pro but it gives me some problems...
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

BigJoesReviews

Post by BigJoesReviews » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am

Well the program I'm using is called openshot. At www.openshot.com but I'm having some problems getting this video uploaded. I'll have to recheck it when I get home, but I tried uploading it to youtube last night while I slept, thinking that it would be done by morning, but it's still not posted. Hopefully, I'll just have to hit that publish button. But yeah openshot was very simplified compared to other programs I had tried.I had taken some video editing classes in high school, and I was very god in the class, but that was over a decade ago. Those skills haven't been used in years. I'm sure once I get more used to this program, I could get into a higher level editor. For my limited skill though, It was perfect!
Last edited by BigJoesReviews on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:48 am

If you have a good phone check out "power director" its easy to use and free. It leaves a watermark until unlocked for a few bucks. I love it.
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

BigJoesReviews

Post by BigJoesReviews » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm

I actually tried that out. But it was a bit confusing to me. I Remember using gold wave on pc years ago for my audio editing. I really enjoyed that program, as it made it very easy to reverse backwards lyrics included in songs I enjoyed in those days. Anyways, gold wave had a companion program called videomeld. I was going to use that, but it had a watermark, and I didnt want to spend any money to remove it.

But regardless, Thanks for the tip!

BigJoesReviews

Post by BigJoesReviews » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:48 am
If you have a good phone check out "power director" its easy to use and free. It leaves a watermark until unlocked for a few bucks. I love it.
Oh you said for phone! Yeah I have that on my phone for small edits now, only problem I have with it is I can't seem to choose where I want the edited videos to go... They record onto my sd card, get edited using internal memory, but then they only seem to let me save on internal memory... If they patched that(which I sent them an email about) then it'd be perfect.