1989 RAFCO RCW, Menu 2 A & B

Videos related to any rations
BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

1989 RAFCO RCW, Menu 2 A & B

Post by BTemple » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 pm

I can't believe I was able to score this full RAFCO menu for only $50 a while ago. Got it from the same seller that Steve got his full case from!
Aside from a few items being a little past their prime it was a surprisingly awesome ration, especially the Fruit Soup and Beef Stew in bar form.

In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

carlosflar

Re: 1989 RAFCO RCW, Menu 2 A & B

Post by carlosflar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Really cool ration! Weird too, 3 tp and 3 cocoa, no cider, i guess someone at the ration factory had an extra beer or two that day! :mrgreen:
About what you say about the hot water and the smells... I usually do the opposite, put hot water or even boil it to see if anything smells bad or foams weirdly and raises an alarm... Usually, if its something like noodles, like the ones you can find in a CR1M, if they are stale and you boil them and drain them, the smell goes away and they taste good again...
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

carlosflar

Post by carlosflar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 pm

The chicklets are beige? I've seen beige gum before, the one made from the sap of the gum tree if you don't over process it its beige and harder to chew than modern gum... maybe its a less processed gum base?
I have Spanish rations permanently, feel free to ask :!:
Interested in: International rations,medical items, emergency kits and other
YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/carlosflar

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:21 pm

carlosflar wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 pm
Really cool ration! Weird too, 3 tp and 3 cocoa, no cider, i guess someone at the ration factory had an extra beer or two that day! :mrgreen:
About what you say about the hot water and the smells... I usually do the opposite, put hot water or even boil it to see if anything smells bad or foams weirdly and raises an alarm... Usually, if its something like noodles, like the ones you can find in a CR1M, if they are stale and you boil them and drain them, the smell goes away and they taste good again...
Yeah things were very weird with that A pouch for sure.
I usually would have used hot water in an old cocoa powder just to make sure if it was bad or good but decided to roll the dice today. Haha
Thankfully I've never had stale noodles from the few CR1Ms I've had so far!
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 pm

carlosflar wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 pm
The chicklets are beige? I've seen beige gum before, the one made from the sap of the gum tree if you don't over process it its beige and harder to chew than modern gum... maybe its a less processed gum base?
I know that really old gum would have almost a grey interior, but those Chiclets were almost like a transition period color between purely natural and then synthetic gum.

steve1989
eBay name: -

Post by steve1989 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:47 am

That rafco was in great shape! I skipped around but need to take some time here soon and give a go at your video it is the length of a hour long program on TV without the commercials which is awesome. It's great to know that RCW held up as I got some from the same batch and can take comfort in knowing they will be fine for documentation.
Thank you for giving this ration the proper attention it deserves BTemple, very very cool.

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 am

steve1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:47 am
That rafco was in great shape! I skipped around but need to take some time here soon and give a go at your video it is the length of a hour long program on TV without the commercials which is awesome. It's great to know that RCW held up as I got some from the same batch and can take comfort in knowing they will be fine for documentation.
Thank you for giving this ration the proper attention it deserves BTemple, very very cool.
Hey thanks a lot Steve!
The granola bars always seem to go bad before the cereal ones... if the vacuum seal hadn't begun to go they should have been perfect.
Same thing for the toffee chocolate bars, if they hadn't melted and seeped through the packaging they would have been perfect.

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm

Great review Brent. I love kicking back and chilling to a good ration review! I really like your style of description and detail.
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm
Great review Brent. I love kicking back and chilling to a good ration review! I really like your style of description and detail.
Thanks man!
I try to approach it the same way I would approach teaching a class.

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 pm

BTemple wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm
WorkmanMRE wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm
Thanks man!
I try to approach it the same way I would approach teaching a class.
Your a good teacher brother
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------