What Did WW2 Soldiers Eat 1943

Videos related to any rations
[ex-Member1]

What Did WW2 Soldiers Eat 1943

Post by [ex-Member1] » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Norton

Re: What Did WW2 Soldiers Eat 1943

Post by Norton » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:33 pm

This was an outstanding film for those interested in the subject of military rations. They covered in garrison meals prepared by cooks
and combat field rations. I did not know the U.S. did the type of testing for vitamin intake in this time period. The K ration portion of the film was of great interest to me. I have never seen the assembly line or the testing of the cartons. Also noted the Quartermaster officer seemed like a character right out of 1940's Hollywood. The haircut and mean looking face, I would hate to work under him.
Last I found the comments about post war prepackaged meals for civilians to be correct. Except it would not be a K or C ration meal.
Rather the frozen on tin tray 1940's U.S. Hospital Meal became the 1950's/60's/70 foil covered heat and serve TV dinner. There is a film floating around that shows how and why the frozen tray meal was developed by the Quartermaster Corps

Thanks for posting

FREMONT

Re: What Did WW2 Soldiers Eat 1943

Post by FREMONT » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks for the post! I always loved watching these types of from WWII and the cold war. I wonder if the Eastern Bloc or axis powers made their own? Anyway, here's one of my favorite films made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGHxMXgw2Do
Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!