US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Videos related to any rations
Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Post by Delicious » Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 am

Hi,
have a look on my new review - first time I've tried the halal version of US MRE

It was a nice surprise !
Have access to: Polish, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:New Zealand, Jordan, Israel, any South America
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

kman
Site Admin

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Post by kman » Sat May 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Nice review, Delicious! I haven't had one of those Halal MREs before so it's great to see one!

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Sat May 21, 2016 5:08 pm

I just watched this, your first review on a Polish SR-1, and the Spaghetti MRE review so far - off to a great start! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Norton

Post by Norton » Sat May 21, 2016 10:15 pm

I enjoyed your review it was interesting. I did not think the lamb would look like that. Assumed as an American the Lamb would be in a red sauce or brown gravy. The green spinach in a MRE is very daring. It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. You could mix the cookies raisins and nuts with the butterscotch pudding. That would work in the morning for me. I did not see coffee or tea, was it not included or did I miss that part?

Thanks again for posting

Delicious

Post by Delicious » Sun May 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Ruleryak wrote:I just watched this, your first review on a Polish SR-1, and the Spaghetti MRE review so far - off to a great start! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Thanks, I'll do my best :)

Delicious

Post by Delicious » Sun May 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Norton wrote:I enjoyed your review it was interesting. I did not think the lamb would look like that. Assumed as an American the Lamb would be in a red sauce or brown gravy. The green spinach in a MRE is very daring. It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. You could mix the cookies raisins and nuts with the butterscotch pudding. That would work in the morning for me. I did not see coffee or tea, was it not included or did I miss that part?

Thanks again for posting
Exactly - there were no warm drinks, only the exotic fruit punch. But they included sugar.. maybe just for calories...
I like the idea of enriching the pudding - this would be very nice to have something crunchy inside.

rattattoo

Post by rattattoo » Mon May 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Norton wrote:...It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. ...
Did I miss something along the way that indicated that this was a full day meal pack or was intended for breakfast?
In my experience, a "saag" [with whatever mixed in] is a dinner main in Indian cuisine.
This seems to be a fairly standard US issue, single meal. Main, dessert,snacks and bev... just no hot bev.

I will frequently take along saag in one of the Indian meal retorts that are available in a lot of groceries these days. The one I get is "Saag Paneer", which has a tofu-like cheese cubed in it. One pouch will serve two meals [or two people], and it makes a nice vegetable side for a lot of the MRE mains.

Norton

Post by Norton » Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 pm

rattattoo wrote:
Norton wrote:...It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. ...
Did I miss something along the way that indicated that this was a full day meal pack or was intended for breakfast?
In my experience, a "saag" [with whatever mixed in] is a dinner main in Indian cuisine.
This seems to be a fairly standard US issue, single meal. Main, dessert,snacks and bev... just no hot bev.

I will frequently take along saag in one of the Indian meal retorts that are available in a lot of groceries these days. The one I get is "Saag Paneer", which has a tofu-like cheese cubed in it. One pouch will serve two meals [or two people], and it makes a nice vegetable side for a lot of the MRE mains.
Rattatoo, breakfast is a obsession for me

I always like to look at U.S. MREs as a 24 meal in a pinch. Or maybe morning and mid day meal depending on the circumstances
My point was sometimes you draw these meals and it may be the morning meal. So sometimes you have to look at the other items like the bars, jelly/jam and crackers or fruit. Then eat those with coffee, tea or Chocolate drink (cold or hot)
Eat the main course for lunch. Or it may have to last all all day. That is why I believe in having decent in accessory items.
Hot drink some sort of bar, jam, crackers..