Food, Mail, Pay - The US Army Morale Essentials - Vietnam - Supply Lines & MRE's

Videos related to any rations
rabidwolf

Food, Mail, Pay - The US Army Morale Essentials - Vietnam - Supply Lines & MRE's

Post by rabidwolf » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:27 am

Interesting...

MREHungary

Re: Food, Mail, Pay - The US Army Morale Essentials - Vietnam - Supply Lines & MRE's

Post by MREHungary » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:38 am

Interesting video, thanks for sharing ;)

Norton

Re: Food, Mail, Pay - The US Army Morale Essentials - Vietnam - Supply Lines & MRE's

Post by Norton » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:25 pm

That was great and interesting they mentioned Metal mess kits are on their way out in 1967. Paper plates were being used for field feeding in combat zones.
Also The LRP meal being tested in Panama was fascinating

dirtbag

Post by dirtbag » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:30 pm

There's a reason I went Navy.
4 years on a sometimes air conditioned ship, 3 hot's and a cot beats 2 years carrying a rifle in a rice paddy at 100 degrees F and 100 % humidity.
They did get the occasional beer issue, tho...
And the Navy gave everyone an incredible education, in my case advanced electronics, which allowed me to transition to tracking state of the art Satellites immediately after leaving the Navy.
Food was usually better, too.
Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO

Norton

Post by Norton » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:21 pm

dirtbag wrote:There's a reason I went Navy.
4 years on a sometimes air conditioned ship, 3 hot's and a cot beats 2 years carrying a rifle in a rice paddy at 100 degrees F and 100 % humidity.
They did get the occasional beer issue, tho...
And the Navy gave everyone an incredible education, in my case advanced electronics, which allowed me to transition to tracking state of the art Satellites immediately after leaving the Navy.
Food was usually better, too.
In WW 2 there was an Anecdote about the Army's opinion of Navy life. It was gallows humor and went something like this

Army.. You swabs sure got it got good.. Hot Chow and Clean sheets

Navy .. Yes that's true.. Until the ship sinks

My uncle was on the USS Luce DD 522 hit by two kamikaze attacks and sunk during the Battle of Okinawa May 4, 1945,
He could not talk about it until 1955