Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Food Drop

Videos related to any rations
jfko6
eBay name: jfk9

Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Food Drop

Post by jfko6 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:28 pm

Port-au-Prince, Haiti (CNN) -- U.S. helicopters carrying food hovered above the ground in one area of the battered Haitian capital on Saturday, flinging out boxes to the anxious crowd.
The Long Gray Line
U.S. Army Veteran
Duty * Honor * Country
American Legion Legionnaire

saladp

Re: Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Food Drop

Post by saladp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:42 am

good video and very explicit

nicely explains the turmoil out there. I think the whole deal would have to be organized

or simply a marketing video advertising? I am sometimes very bad idea

greetings

Jpak

Post by Jpak » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 am

It's a sad state of affairs in Haiti right now. I saw news reports that the Haitians were rejecting food supplies from Mexico due to fear of swine flu and rejected packaged biscuits that had an 11/2010 expiration date thinking they were spoiled. I really hope these were news hype and not genuine stories...Port-Au-Prince has no electricity, food or water...how can they reject anything right now???

saladp

Post by saladp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:06 am

if this news is true must be the Government of Haiti that inexplicably rejects ...

spinhouse247
eBay name: dinan3series

Post by spinhouse247 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:46 pm

At this point there is no Gov't. Thats why the U.S. and U.N. have taken up security positions.

Making air drops like this is only going to promote violence and riots. I've heard stories of gangs stockpiling supplies stolen from others as well as nobody sharing the rations. This is what happens when what little infrastructure is destroyed and there is no order. Regarding people rejecting them well let those people wait for the 5 star restaurants to open up in Haiti then they can be picky...