My poor attempts at ration videos

Videos related to any rations
fdsman

My poor attempts at ration videos

Post by fdsman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:33 am

However better these are then mrejaps, I am doubtful since even though he speaks poor English (given that he is not a native speaker) His content is currently better as he has a means of income and isn't limited to buying from English sites.

That being said, here are the two episodes of The Ration Review done by two high school students, myself and 1axl1 on youtube.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/categ ... 15J4eS5BdJ

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/categ ... 14WQkMB35F

the youtube videos are just teasers, the second veoh link requires that you download the veoh player and download the full episode as it went over the 30 min mark.

Any advice would be appreciated as I wish to make more of these with non-us rations.

spinhouse247
eBay name: dinan3series

Re: My poor attempts at ration videos

Post by spinhouse247 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:54 am

The videos are great and informative. I just don't see why you need to point out other members who have tried they're best to create informative videos. My suggestion would be to create an informative and concise video that doesn't critique people. Just do your thing and leave others out of it. Just my two cents... :D

fdsman

Post by fdsman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 am

I'm taking Big Galoot's advice as well as yours to form a totally new ration show.

-First off the length will be much shorter, actually edited.
-I'm going to expand to foreign rations.
-The show will focus on being more informative and less offensive.
-I'm probably going to make an apology to mre jap in the next episode.
-Setting up an area in my room to be more military themed with mess trays, an FRH stash and various flags in the background.
-My co-host and I are going to study the common soldier for lines and personalities.

Those are just some of the ideas that are going to go into the show.

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 am

fdsman, so here are my recommendations...

First off, don't wait until your next video to apologize to mrejap - do it now. And then go back and edit your first post in this thread and edit your comments about him. You might not have meant what you said to come off so rude but it does - and it's not even subtle.

Secondly, you really, really, really, should try to keep your videos on YouTube. If you have to go over the ten minute mark, just turn them into Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Maybe some other guys here will go through the hassle of going to veoh.com, downloading their player, and then downloading your videos...but I won't. I'd really like to see your videos but I'm just not going to all that trouble. If put your videos on YouTube or MetaCafe or any of the other "live" video sites, you'll get tons more exposure and viewers.