3-D Interactive Renders of Rations and Survival Kits and Personal Aids Kits

Videos related to any rations
QuickBricks

3-D Interactive Renders of Rations and Survival Kits and Personal Aids Kits

Post by QuickBricks » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:46 pm

3-D Renders (Models) of Rations, Survival Kits, Personal Aids Kits using Meshroom and Blender!

Below is an ever growing collection of my renders and models with textures I built in Meshroom and Blender.
This is a work in progress as I am still very much learning how to do this, and I am constantly discovering new
techniques and equipment to improve my renders. If you are interested in learning more about this just ask!

If you get an error about your graphics card not being compatible or something to do with WebGL, then try another
browser. The 3-D works on Chrome for me but Firefox I get that error :roll:

To manipulate the object in 3-D you use the mouse left button and scroll wheel to zoom, click and hold the wheel button or 3rd mouse button
to move the object and the left mouse button hold and click to angle up and down, left and right.

=== CURRENT RATIONS AND KITS BELOW IN 3-D ===
* Note, you must receive written permission before publishing any of these renders/models/textures from me please before using.
You may alter the models/textures/renders for personal use only, please do not alter and publish without recieving my permission.
No commercial/sales use at all is allowed, I am planning to fine tune these and market to developers. I am sharing the rough drafts
free use for personal exploration only. Thank you. I plan to add many more in the weeks/months to come as I render more!

1. 1943 RAF MKII Emergency Flying Ration -
Complete Ration (minus outside sealing tape)
Interactive Zoomable 3-D Render Model

►►►►►►►MKII 3-D Interactive Model Click HERE!
mkii-blender-render1.jpg
2. E-17 Sulfanilamide, H.W. & D. Shaker Package With Tweezers

LINK COMING SOON!
sulfanilamide-WW2-E-17-R2.jpg
Image Set In Meshroom:
Last edited by QuickBricks on Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Re: 3-D Blender Renders of Rations and Survival Kits and Personal Aids Kits

Post by Ruleryak » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your work. I'm doing something less sophisticated and would love to collab/share. Check out the proof-of-concept 3D Models you can manipulate towards the bottom of the Ration Museum homepage for an idea of what I'm hoping to do with the collection.

QuickBricks

Re: 3-D Blender Renders of Rations and Survival Kits and Personal Aids Kits

Post by QuickBricks » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:26 pm

Ruleryak wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your work. I'm doing something less sophisticated and would love to collab/share. Check out the proof-of-concept 3D Models you can manipulate towards the bottom of the Ration Museum homepage for an idea of what I'm hoping to do with the collection.
Hey! Glad I found someone who is into this stuff too!

I checked out your website and I really like the idea of what you are doing with preserving rations and kits. I was in the middle of thinking
of something similar to yours. I am building up my library of 3-D renders and textured models for documenting my collection as I build it.
(I just got an E-17 kit with the bag, mirror and both flasks. They are missing the food items in it, but the remaining contents look complete
and they are in great shape because the food items were removed before they damaged the other items)

I have several renders of varying quality. I use an iphone 12 (non pro, no LIDAR) but meshroom works well. What do you use for capturing the models?
Or is that all 100% modeling work? It is surprisingly easy, somewhat, to do the meshroom capturing if you want a crash course. I am strongly considering
getting an intel 3-D camera to capture things, but honestly I think I can fine tune using the iphone 12 and get some stronger edges on the models.

Below is what I am dealing with, especially on the clear kits as opposed to the solid textures such as on the K-Rations, and surprisngly the reflective
metal ration cans and containers are rendering well.

Anyhow, here's an E-17 half side render and the artifacts I am dealing with. The clear container shows strong in certain areas, but the contents inside are
grabbing meshroom's attention more and it's deleting the plastic container in a lot of areas.

Stock image (1 out of about 50 total used to render)
IMG_0349.JPG
And the render result :roll: :lol:
blenderE-17-1a.jpg
And further testing and changing equipment such as adding a turntable, and then adding special identifying marks around the side of the turntable.
The special characters and marks on the side of the turntable helped the software locate each pixel better by tracking the special marks as they rotated.

I am now on an even different method, but the MKII was done using the same method as the picture below of the E-17 medical flask.
turntablerenderE-17.jpg