Video Exploration - The Longlife Ration Packet (LRP II) aka the LLRP

Videos related to any rations
Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Video Exploration - The Longlife Ration Packet (LRP II) aka the LLRP

Post by Ruleryak » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 pm

Howdy all! So here goes. I showed back up a year and change ago, rightfully got called out on disappearing, and then clammed back up. I wanted to try again after a year of hard work taking steps to make the Ration Museum a reality. To that end, I've been doing a weekly stream on Sundays, sharing where we are, and what we're working on.

Tonight's show had something special I wanted to share with you guys. The Longlife Ration Packet was an improvement on the LRP tested in the early 90s that never went into full production. I found mentions in a few articles in 91/92, and a report on the overall evaluation of the phase 1 portion of the trial (calling out that phase 2 would not commence), and a few photos in the digital commonwealth. I'm still searching for more information about these, so if you have anything please reach out. If you've ever seen these (or have any later versions), I'd love to hear about it! These are from Lot 1, in regular unrelated MRE pouches, with paper labels indicating their true contents.

The link has the timestamp, but in case you get there without it, jump to 13:35.