Food Packet Survival General Purpose In Depth Look: 1982, 1988, 1990, 1996 & 1997

Videos related to any rations
rareauldmealtimes

Food Packet Survival General Purpose In Depth Look: 1982, 1988, 1990, 1996 & 1997

Post by rareauldmealtimes » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 am

Hey all, I've been trying to document the US Food Packet Survival General Purpose to a pretty great extent and have had the opportunity to try out a whole bunch of them trying to see the subtle differences between years and the generational differences. Just thought I'd share for anyone interested to see what they might be getting into with these rations. It's funny how that 1990 was just straight up nasty but in general the rest of held up great. The 1982's contents were pristine! If you have a FPSGP of any other date especially pre 1982 and post 1997 that you'd be willing to part with, I would be interested in a trade or purchase! Shoot me a message and I'll get back to ya. I'd love to continue this fun endeavor.

1997 - w/ the wintergreen tablets and "GLASS-A-TEA" by Lipton. Bars held up perfectly.

Contents:
2 - Shortbread Bars
1 - Corn Flake Cereal Bar
1 - Granola bar
1 - Dessert Chocolate Chip Bar
1 - GLASS-A-TEA by lipton
1 - Chicken Broth by MBT
1 - package of Individually Wrapped Wintergreen Tablets

1996 - w/ charms. No more coffee. Commercial Tea/Broth. First sight of the amazing Chocolate Chip Dessert Bar!

Contents:
2 - Shortbread Bars
1 - Corn Flake Cereal Bar
1 - Granola bar
1 - Dessert Chocolate Chip Bar
1 - Tea
1 - Chicken Broth
1 - package of charms

1990 - Pull top lid. Super spoiled and gross weird bars. Commercial Coffee and Broth Starts.

1988 - Pull top lid. Tasty old style bars. Coffee Instant, last generation (2.2 grams). The beginning of this video I did quite a bit of research before filming so I go into depth about the introduction of the improved version.

1982 - Spam can style w/ key. Everything preserved perfectly. Coffee Instant 2.5grams.

Apologies for the audio being all over the place on the videos. I cannot for the life of me settle on how to get it to my liking... any comments or criticism would be great. The 1997 is my latest video where I got a little lavaliere mic and was trying that thing out.